Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Transcript of 1st XMRV Workshop Q&A

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by parvofighter, Sep 9, 2010.

1. parvofighter

parvofighter Senior Member

Canada
    FYI we just posted our "close" transcript of the 1st XMRV Workshop Q&A.

You can check it out at XMRV GLobal Action here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XMRV-Global-Action/216740433250?ref=ts#!/notes/xmrv-global-action/transcript-of-the-1st-international-xmrv-workshop-qa/438284026796

Hope this makes the info more accessible to those of you who couldn't view the podcast.

FYI the FDA Q&A session subsequently had an official transcript several days after their media briefing. We'll post if the NIH also produces an official transcript.

2. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    GREAT JOB!
    Thank you!

3. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    XMRV = (retro)virus MLV's = sequences

Ok, so right away there, almost at the top of the transcript, Dr Coffin is clarifying the difference in terminology between XMRV (found by the WPI) and the MLV's (also found by WPI but also Lo/Alter FDA/NIH).

ie. Whereas XMRV is considered a complete virus, the word he actually uses to describe the MLV findings is 'sequences' . In fact he clarifies by calling them rather colloquially : " .. a bunch of different sequences".

(ie not whole viruses, or strains, or variants, or whatever other word it was we came up with - brain fog is soooo annoying when trying to get head around the science).

I think 'variant' implies a whole virus, which is not what Dr C is saying here. He is clarifying that we only have evidence of 'bits and pieces' of the MLV's (if I've interpreted correctly), ie only 'sequences'.

4. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Thank You Parvofighter!

See more popular forum discussions.