• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tramadol and POTS

Justin30

Hi,

Has Tramadol had any negative responses with people here? Especially those with POTS?

Need some feedback as I have had much greater pain as of late.

Thanks,

Justin

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Has Tramadol had any negative responses with people here? Especially those with POTS?

I tried this drug many years ago (1998-1999) for relief of endometriosis pain. It didn't help relieve my pain at all. [ the endo pain responded better to NSAIDs - ibuprofen when moderate, Toradol (ketorolac) when severe]

I have NMH and POTS and the Tramadol did not seem to give me any bad side effects. At least, I don't remember any bad side effects! But I only tried it a few times.

CCC

Tramadol is not regarded well in our family.

One pill sent my sister crawling up the walls for three days. Never again, she said. But she is also very sensitive to anything and everything. She had MCS back in the 1970s before it was a thing.

I tolerate all drugs and everything well. But Tramadol: after a few days of just one at night, the result was lots of tears, anxiety, overheating, blurry vision, and a slight dizziness - the bumping into the hall wall on occasion.

That said, it gave excellent post-operative pain relief. But the pain was a better and less scary option.

Last edited: