Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Toxin found- at Alzheimer, ALS

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by student, May 13, 2016.

1. student

student Senior Member

A neurotoxin discussion. ALS and Alzheimer was affected: BMMA is toxic

Alzheimer, ALS – coming from cyano bacteria... in the form of BMMA (glutamin like) toxin.. can be part of eating fish, shrimp and food chain- poisening.

2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Fruit bats stewed in coconut milk? Mmmmm... tasty... :wide-eyed::vomit::zippit:

mango likes this.
  3. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

Small error: The toxin is abbreviated as *BMAA*, also known as beta-Methylamino-L-alanine. Cyanobacteria is also known as blue-green algae, which can produce large harmful algae blooms.

I can't find it, but I remember reading a study that Alzheimer's is more prevalent in individuals who live near bodies of water, e.g. ponds, lakes, oceans, etc. The conclusion was that proximity to the algae that produces this toxin, BMAA, increased your likelihood of getting Alzheimer's.

ahmo likes this.
  4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

The night before I got the "flu" that started all of this, I ate at a restaurant. Another person who ordered the same thing I did also got ill. I can no longer remember what it was that we ate, but I am fairly sure it was some kind of fish or seafood.

See more popular forum discussions.