• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Toxic Homes - I would never have believed it. Important

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
Greetings, All. Quick background: I became very ill in 2008 after a bout of walking pneumonia and strep (caught from a passenger next to me on a plane). Eventually, both Rich Van Konynenburg and Garth Nicolson helped me get well. I discovered I have the homozygous C677T mutation and the protocol got me through and over the CFS. I stopped the protocol almost a year ago. I have been well....until recently.

I have an old house (50s) with loose rockwool insulation laying on the attic floor. Early June I had central air conditioning installed in my home (I never liked A/C), and the musty smell of the rockwool started circulating in my living space. I became concerned and bought a large air purifier. It blew a black film on my closet door and walls within hours. The A/C return filter was black in 3 weeks. I began having sympoms of red eyes--which became worse and worse. I went to several doctors--"you have dry eyes." I became allergic to many things. The orbital area around my eyes swelled, and then my face swelled as if I was on steroids. I became foggy, unclear, forgetful and -- I would say--even depressed. My hair started falling out, my nails stopped growing, my skin became so pale that people commented on it. By the end of July I was right back into full blown CFS. It took time, but I had a contractor suck out the insulation and put environmentally sound insulation in the attic.

I ran blood tests (myself) and found my blood count was mostly normal, but my B12 was sky high. I realized that I was having an enormous physical reaction to the toxins in the air, my B12 was just building up in my blood, and I was not using my B-vitamins that--in normal people--helps fight against stresses. I started back on the protocol and it did not seem to work until I took one complete FolaPro tablet. It was like magic--I had some strange brain-buzz sensations at night and could not sleep well--but I felt remarkably normal the next day.

I'm writing this to make one point and ask one question

IMPORTANT POINT: Environmental toxins are JUST as stressful as emotional and life stresses. Check your environment and especially these air-flow systems! I was very skeptical about such things, but now I see this is critical.

QUESTION: I am not sure that the "simplified protocol" is absolute. It seems to me that a larger dose of the FolaPro was needed by me. And I am wondering if that FolaPro is using all the B12 in my blood--or do I need to continue taking the Perque B12?

Thanks very much. Miss Rich Van Konynenburg very much--as I am sure you all do!!

PennyIA

In my humble opinion, the simplified protocol's purpose is to help folks start down the path of a treatment. It still needs to be adjusted for individual's based on their needs and experiences... but it's a suggestion of how to start something that's really complicated. If more works for you? then that's your need/experience and you are at a point where you can start fine-tuning the protocol.

ahmo

@lch1 Thanks for posting this warning. I'm so glad you got on top of it. Yes, we sorely miss Rich.

I've compiled the basics of Freddd's Protocol in a pdf doc you'll see linked in my signature. Where the SMP did not work for me, FP has returned me to the land of the living. You'll be able to find info re the 4 components Fred found essential, the Deadlock Quartet, as well as folat/B12 info. Best to you, ahmo

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
Thank you Penny and ahmo. I'll experiment. I'll also try to read through the pdf, but it is 43 pages! I will dig for the basics. Thanks, again!

lch1

A New Day, Every Day!
One question....maybe 2. 1st: Is Freddd an actual person here at this forum?? 2nd, I am taking PerqueB12, is that ok on the FP? Thanks much.