• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tooth Enamel

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Apart from the calcium and sodium bicarbonate, I am not sure of the rationale for the other ingredients of your remineralization cocktail. Perhaps you can explain.

According to this site which contains the tooth powder recipe:
Calcium carbonate – supports healthy enamel
Bentonite clay trace minerals that support oral health
Baking soda – supports oral health, changes pH, mildly abrasive
Himalayan salt, trace minerals that support oral health

Peppermint eo – refreshing, traditionally used for oral health
Myrrh eo – refreshing, traditionally used for oral health
Clove eo – traditionally used for oral health

Carl

Well, thank you to everyone for the replies.

@Carl, would you mind telling me the exact Vitamin K product you use, and what quantity you take?

@Invisible Woman, thank you for the advice. However, do feel free to call me a conspiracy theorist, but I do try to avoid Fluoride altogether.

Sorry about not replying sooner, I have had other more pressing things to deal with.

I have tried a few different products but so far I am not pleased with any of them.

I started using Life Extension Super K with less than spectacular results. I read an article which criticised Super K because of the high amounts of cis form Vit K2-MK-7. Apparently two independent tests, one done in the US and one in Europe showed Super K had only around 20 to 25/6 % trans form of MK-7. There is 200mcg of MK-7 in Super K so only around 40 to 50mcg per capsule of bioavailable MK-7.

Manufacturers of MK-7 claim that the advantage of MK-7 is that it stays in the body much longer than MK-4. MK-4 is produced by the body from Vitamin K1 but the quantities are not really known. The bacteria in the gut can make some vitamin K. MK-4 is the only form which can cross the blood brain barrier and the only form to enter breast milk and therefore it is the preferred form for use by the body. The body quickly absorbs and makes use of MK-4 which is why it does not stay in the blood stream very long. MK-4 in supplements is not a natural form so is essentially synthetic but is meant to be as usable as the MK-4 produced by the body.

I have tried Nutrizing 600mcg Vit K2-MK-7 from Amazon UK and I have given it a decent try, taking 3 capsules per day with fat with little noticeable improvement. It's meant to be only 1 capsule/day so I have had far more than the recommend. I did email the company, twice, once in reply to an Amazon email which stated that it could be replied to with comments and suggestions and I did not receive any reply to my questions. I did receive a reply to my last message via their website and she claims that it is very high in trans form MK-7 with only around 2% cis form depending upon the batch. ATM with my experiences of the product I do not recommend it until I have worked out why it shows only minor improvement. I experience a lot of calcification of the rear of my teeth which means a lot of calcium is not going where it belongs which vit K2 is meant to activate. I am not sure why this is ATM. I have broken quite a few bones in recent years which I never did in my childhood. There is also a little calcification of my arteries, shown in my irises which mirrors the effects that I am noticing in my teeth. I do not know whether I am deficient of some nutrient or whether it is caused by my hypothalamus dysfunction because I did read that the hypothalamus is important to bone health which might be at the root of all the bone breaks, teeth calcification and artery calcification despite taking large amounts of vitamin K.

The other produce I started recently is 15mg Vitamin K2-MK-4 made by complementary prescriptions purchased from Amazon. I have tried to take 3 capsules a day with oil, sometimes only 2. I am only about 3 weeks into that so a bit early to judge. Not a big improvement in the fur on my teeth. Maybe slightly less but not enough to totally stop the calcification of the rear of my teeth. It's the calcification of my arteries which I really need to stop as I have recently noticed a thin white band around the outside of parts of my irises which indicates calcification of the arteries. It's a bit early to make any assessment ATM. I had been taking Super K for quite some time which does not seem to have had much effect. I think that there is likely to be other factors involved such as my kidneys but a blood test done a couple of weeks back would indicate I am in excellent health, lol which I am not. I doubt that the blood results were even mine as only two parameters showed anything similar to previous results, everything else was close to perfect. That does not match my symptoms unfortunately.

There is a large thread on this forum about vitamin K. It might be worth reading it for ideas and recommendations for types to use.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/has-vitamin-k-2-mk-4-or-mk7-helped-you.15605/

BTW MenaQ7 is a producer of high trans MK-7 and they now make it in several methods including from Natto.

You could just try some Natto if your brave. It is meant to be slimmy and have a very strong taste.

With regard to fluoride, I avoid it myself. Fluoride is a con and it actually designed to lower fertility and they claim that it is good for teeth. The evidence I have seen shows that it lowers fertility of men and women and women give birth to less than the 2.2 children which maintains the population. It is added to water supplies around the world to reduce population growth. It causes damage to the brain and nervous system and lowers immune function, promoting cancer - it all round works to reduce population numbers!

I have been looking for a pdf which contains the information but have been unable to find it or the website. That is the problem with using 3 PC's and multiple browsers and multiple sandboxes. It showed statistics about how birth rate decreased dramatically in countries where fluoride was added to the water supply. That is before you consider the increase in obesity which has occurred since fluoride was added to tap water. Fluoride is a halide which interferes with iodine usage in the body. Tap water already contains large amounts of chlorine to kill bacteria which is another halide.

There are people on this planet who are doing everything that can to reduce population numbers and population growth. China does it in very clear ways which causes resentment towards their government but the western countries do it by very underhand and deceitful methods. No one should be force medicated IMO. Most people have been mislead into thinking that fluoride is only about teeth with the people who support it claiming the people who don't want it are basing their opposition on false science. Conveniently misleading people from the real reasons it is used.

David Jackson

@Carl, thanks, I appreciate the efforts you went there to detail all that. It has given me a few things to consider. If you make any breakthroughs with the Vitamin K, please do come back to this thread, and let us know.

The place where I live does not fluoridate the water, thankfully, but they may do again in the future. If so, I have a special filter that will remove the fluoride :)

Cell phone radiation, as well, is meant to lower fertility in men... keeping a cell phone in the pocket of your pants will lower testosterone and sperm counts. It's best to keep it in a backpack when out somewhere.

Carl

I do not use cell phones, I try and avoid as much wireless tech as possible. I will not have a smart meter fitted to my home, no wireless doorbells and no wireless internet.

I think that my problems stem from my hypothalamus function which has been partly destroyed. That is the only reason I can find for my bone problems. I have broken a lot of bones in recent years, an ankle a few months back. The calcification of my teeth shows that calcium is not going to where it belongs. People in the thread I linked did mention tooth fur and calcification but they seemed to benefit from Vit K2 when they took enough of it. I am taking fairly high doses and yet there has been little improvement.

I came across a German Vit K product with 500mcg K1 and 600mcg K2 per capsule plus a few other vitamins/minerals. It uses gelatin caps though which I am trying to avoid as the protein causes problems whereas veggie caps do not.
https://www.gloryfeel.de/super-k

David Jackson

I'm on the same page as you are with the wireless and smart meters etc.

Mind if I ask how you know your hypothalamus is not working right? And how did that happen? How might one know if that has happened to them, and would be the solution?

xploit316

I'm on the same page as you are with the wireless and smart meters etc.

Mind if I ask how you know your hypothalamus is not working right? And how did that happen? How might one know if that has happened to them, and would be the solution?

Hi David, did vitamin K or any other solutions provided help you with getting rid of tooth enamel?

David Jackson

Hi @xploit316.

Well, I wasn't trying to get rid of tooth enamel, I was trying to rebuild it, as I had holes in my enamel.

And, very interestingly, I have found something that works. Do a search for Apagard Royal toothpaste. It is a Japanese toothpaste that rebuilds tooth enamel with nano particles of the same stuff that enamel is made from. You have to order it from Japan, over Amazon or something.

I have been using it for around six months now. I took some photos of my teeth before I started using it, and then compared those to my teeth six months later. There is a noticeable effect, where my enamel is actually starting to rebuild. I was surprised, because I had my doubts when I started.

My teeth were quite bad, and I estimate it will take another two years using the toothpaste before they are back to normal. But I have been very impressed by what I've seen so far.

xploit316

Hi @xploit316.

Well, I wasn't trying to get rid of tooth enamel, I was trying to rebuild it, as I had holes in my enamel.

And, very interestingly, I have found something that works. Do a search for Apagard Royal toothpaste. It is a Japanese toothpaste that rebuilds tooth enamel with nano particles of the same stuff that enamel is made from. You have to order it from Japan, over Amazon or something.

I have been using it for around six months now. I took some photos of my teeth before I started using it, and then compared those to my teeth six months later. There is a noticeable effect, where my enamel is actually starting to rebuild. I was surprised, because I had my doubts when I started.

My teeth were quite bad, and I estimate it will take another two years using the toothpaste before they are back to normal. But I have been very impressed by what I've seen so far.

Thanks did you also do any changes to your diet/supplementation regime or just the toothpaste change?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I’ve got a couple of questions here for my fellow Phoenixes:

For years my tooth enamel has been wearing away in many patches, and it is now getting quite bad, and should probably go and see a dentist. I am wondering if anyone else here has had the same thing going alongside their ME/CFS?

The reason I am bringing this up on the forum is because I have begun to suspect that there may be a correlation between my CFS and this tooth enamel problem. The teeth and bones are said to be mineral storehouses, that the body will draw from if it has to. My enamel first started wearing away a decade ago, at the same time I started coming under the stress and pressure that would eventually cause my CFS. Before that I had no tooth enamel problems…

It’s a curious situation, because, although the tooth enamel has been wearing away in certain patches, there is no tooth decay or pain. The only thing is that I cannot drink really cold water or eat juicy sweet fruit like apples, as this will hurt the spots without enamel.

I have always brushed my teeth twice a day, and floss once a day. I only ever use a medium toothbrush; not a really firm one. I eat responsibly, and have almost no sugar.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience on that matter, I would very much like to hear it. Especially if you know how to fix it!

No. What I've seen was fast unexplained periodontal gum recession and infection of past root canals. This led me to have six molars extracted and replaced with implants. GcMAF allowed me to stabilize my teeth.

David Jackson

What a nightmare, @gbells!

@xploit316 I'm always on a quest to improve my diet, but I'd attribute the enamel improvement to the toothpaste, rather than any diet or supplement change I made.

In hindsight, though, I probably should have gotten onto some Vitamin D, thoughout the winter months. That's meant to be one that helps your teeth, I believe.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I came across a German Vit K product with 500mcg K1 and 600mcg K2 per capsule plus a few other vitamins/minerals. It uses gelatin caps though which I am trying to avoid as the protein causes problems whereas veggie caps do not.
With me, it wasn't the protein in the capsules, it was the glutamate from the gelatin in the caps. Yeah, I know, Princess and the Pea. But I was that sensitive to it.

I started using Throne's Mk-4 drops, 1000 mcg per drp. Spendy, but worth it to avoid the excitotoxic response. I get it from, natch, Amazon.

THORNE VIT K-2, 15 dps = 15 mgs K4 ..... about $60.00 for 1 oz, but I've been using the same bottle for a little over a year, and it's just running out .....

Tammy

Last year I started taking Vit. D3 for seasonal affective disorder and to my surprise I noticed an improvement in teeth enamel.

godlovesatrier

Not sure if anyone else has chimed in with this but I've been using a fluoride toothpaste for 8 weeks and my teeth are definitely no longer sensitive. I also use a sonic toothbrush and if I can help it try not to take anything that dries my body out. Obviously sometimes that's just not going to make any difference. But the toothpaste helped a ton, there's a thread about toothpaste choices on PR somewhere.

Just been to the dentist who thankfully said my teeth are ok. My problem is with my skin in my mouth, it doesn't heal quickly and I have a few bent teeth. When my immune system drops I get sores in my mouth (where the bent teeth cut my tongue) and there very painful and hard to get rid of. Real pain in the arse. My gums were in a bad way 2 years ago, but once I changed to a sonic toothbrush that got loads better. I don't think they are receding anymore, which is good. SO I would recommend the fluoride toothpaste and the sonic toothbrush.

Learner1

Not sure if anyone else has chimed in with this but I've been using a fluoride toothpaste for 8 weeks and my teeth are definitely no longer sensitive. I also use a sonic toothbrush and if I can help it try not to take anything that dries my body out. Obviously sometimes that's just not going to make any difference. But the toothpaste helped a ton, there's a thread about toothpaste choices on PR somewhere.

Just been to the dentist who thankfully said my teeth are ok. My problem is with my skin in my mouth, it doesn't heal quickly and I have a few bent teeth. When my immune system drops I get sores in my mouth (where the bent teeth cut my tongue) and there very painful and hard to get rid of. Real pain in the arse. My gums were in a bad way 2 years ago, but once I changed to a sonic toothbrush that got loads better. I don't think they are receding anymore, which is good. SO I would recommend the fluoride toothpaste and the sonic toothbrush.
Maybe vitamin C also?

godlovesatrier

If it touches my tooth enamel bit c makes it a lot worse. I can't really tolerate vit c in any form sadly. So it's pretty much a no go as it causes gastric distress. Even with small amounts. And this doesn't improve with regularly use. It actually just gets a lot worse. Bit annoying really. I am talking about buffered c here too. Magnesium ascorbate is quite a bit better but still not the best.

Learner1

Vitamin C can convert to oxalates, which would create distress fairly quickly in some people.

Have you tested for oxalates? Might you have genetic hyperoxaluraria?

Tiger Lily 813

Hi, I wanted to follow up on this thread because I'm looking into the types of hydroxyapatite toothpastes and trying to figure out what to get. I have had some transparent marks in my front teeth for about a year now (the dentin inside is the issue... it's not erosion). I also have ezcema, asthma sometimes, fatigue, reactions to most supplements.

About the hydroxyapatite, I'm not sure if it's better to use a natural source (I found one that uses powdered bone from grass-fed cattle) or the nano manmade form?

Also in my research, I saw someone asking about the particle shapes... this sounds specific, but if it binds to your teeth, I'd think it's important to get the right kind...

I'd also appreciate knowing if anyone has been able to resolve this problem by treating the mouth for bacteria in general. I've taken a lot of natural antimicrobial/antiviral/antifungal herbs but haven't seen any improvement in my teeth, so maybe I haven't taken the right ones.

I plan to get the ingredients to make the tooth powder that was suggested earlier on this thread too and maybe pH strips. I'd really appreciate any info on the hydroxyapatite specifics so I can try that out. I know I also need to work on my overall health, but it's been tough lately with all my reactions.

Thank you :)

Tiger Lily 813

@Tiger Lily 813 Are you taking D3 and K2?
@Learner1 I was just a bit deficient in Vitamin D when I was tested in Feb, and that was after a couple months of being stuck indoors and with very little light because of the winter, but I've been in the sun a lot since so I don't think I need D now... I was a little deficient in Vitamin A as well, which has happened in the past when I've had health flares. I have no idea what my K levels are and none of my doctors ever tested it...

I really eat by the book, for my conditions, paleo, gluten free, I count and limit sugar and have started most guidelines for a low histamine diet recently. I should have more than adequate vitamin levels so I'm not sure what the issue is. When I supplement fat-soluble vitamins, I usually get crazy reactions, sometimes paradoxical, so I got frustrated with it. If anyone is aware of topical applications to increase fat-soluble vitamins, please let me know :)

Last edited: