1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tooth enamel loss

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by TheMoonIsBlue, May 29, 2012.

1. Ai-Yai

Ai-Yai Mad Genius

Mom
    he-he. I'm just stating facts:
    you r - hairy,
    i am - hairy.
    So we can share a lot of interests. :lol:

2. TheMoonIsBlue

TheMoonIsBlue Senior Member

Hello!
    I think the most common allergan people have to toothpastes is the sodium lauryl sulfate. Most toothpastes have this ingredient unfortunately, but not all. I think most or all of the Tom's of Maine brand doesnt contain SLS.

The ProNamel I started using I believe does NOT have SLS. It is more expensive though. They make a version for Kids. It does seem to be helping sensitivity so far, much more than other similar toothpastes I have tried.I think they do something to it so it has a neutral Ph?? In fact certain "senstive teeth" toothpastes I have tried made my teeth more sensitive!

---------------------------------------
    I found a toothpaste with 31% xylitol gel I just ordered. I will report back on any improvement if there is any.

3. Ai-Yai

Ai-Yai Mad Genius

Mom
    Xylitol is working as weak bacteriostatic agent.
    Not recommend to use it with strong bactericidal remedies the same time (such as tea tree oil for example).

See more popular forum discussions.