1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Too much dietary folate.

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by brenda, Nov 14, 2013.

1. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Can someone remind me please about what to take when one has a reaction to too much dietary folate? Thanks. I seem to remember that more b12 is needed which is hydroxy for me. I have eaten too much cabbage and it is causing severe diarrhorea.
  2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    The diarrhea may not be folate overdose; it may just be cabbage. How about some binding foods if you can't use pepto bismol?
  3. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Thanks. I can eat large amounts of cabbage usually. No l know the reaction as l used to get it when l was green juicing. It wore off in an hour or so. I took some extra folinic acid recently and thought that might be the cause.
  4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Ok, you know your body. Folinic acid, I've read, is a form your body can store and form into methylfolate when you need it (slowed by C677T mutations, of course.) Odd it would do that to you, but one thing I know from this site: we are all unique! :alien:
    brenda likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.