1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Too much dietary folate.

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by brenda, Nov 14, 2013.

1. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Can someone remind me please about what to take when one has a reaction to too much dietary folate? Thanks. I seem to remember that more b12 is needed which is hydroxy for me. I have eaten too much cabbage and it is causing severe diarrhorea.
  2. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    The diarrhea may not be folate overdose; it may just be cabbage. How about some binding foods if you can't use pepto bismol?
  3. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Thanks. I can eat large amounts of cabbage usually. No l know the reaction as l used to get it when l was green juicing. It wore off in an hour or so. I took some extra folinic acid recently and thought that might be the cause.
  4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Ok, you know your body. Folinic acid, I've read, is a form your body can store and form into methylfolate when you need it (slowed by C677T mutations, of course.) Odd it would do that to you, but one thing I know from this site: we are all unique! :alien:
    brenda likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.