• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tonight ITV news covers the story of their journalist who has ME

Countrygirl

ITV news covers the story of Gary Burgess, a journalist with ME. (includes a short video) to mark the showing of Unrest. on Jersey tonight.

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2018-02-22/living-with-me-gary-burgess-shares-his-story/

1. ITV REPORT
  2. 22 February 2018 at 6:03pm
Living with ME: Gary Burgess shares his story

ME, also known as Cronic Fatigue Syndrome, is a condition that causes severe fatigue, chronic pain, as well as a loss in concentration known as "brain fog".

Gary has been signed off from work for 14 months, after being diagnosed last year and describes the illness as like having a "battery that won't charge".

ME can be really hard to explain because you can't see it.

The best way I describe it is, imagine you've got an old mobile phone where the battery won't fully charge. ME is like that.

I start my day with a battery that's barely charged overnight and stuff that shouldn't use much energy really knackers my battery.

– GARY BURGESS, ITV CHANNEL TV JOURNALIST
Since his diagnosis, Gary has set up an online support network called "Zonked Club", which aims to offer support for people with fatigue-linked illnesses.

Last updated Thu 22 Feb 2018