• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

To Submit, or Not?

Enid

Thanks Sean - very interesting in this day and age of fitting "labels" onto just about anything by the "mental health" fraternity. (Chiefly psychiatrists).

I shall stick my tongue out now to the next psycho saying "all in your mind" too. !!!

alex3619

Hi Sean, I was chuckling during this article. I describe myself as anti-authoritarian in the sense that any authority has to demonstrate their worth, I don't presume they have valid authority. Even my choice in avatar is telling. Its not a coincidence that the article uses the same pic of Einstein as my avatar, we are both drawn to images of those who think outside the box.

What has decades of accepting the authoritarian approach to ME and CFS got us? Nada, zip, zilch. Authorities have to prove their worth, and each generation of authority has to prove that. The old guard at the CDC failed us, it is not yet clear if the new guard will do so again.

As for psychobabble, I am writing a book attacking the entire approach of psychosomatic medicine with respect to ME and CFS. I guess that makes me crazy. Political dissidents in Russia were considered crazy and locked up, those in China went to re-education camps. I wonder if sectioning people here is the equivalent in some cases?

Bye, Alex