• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Titrating Ad-B12 and L-Carnitine

arx

Hi,

How should one go about titrating adb12 and carnitine? I started off with adb12(Country Life 3000mcg Dibencozide) about 12 days back, starting with taking a quarter sublingual for 3 days,then half for 3 days and then a full sublingual tablet for the next 6 days.I have been taking 4000mcg of mb12 daily for the past month.
The order in which I take supplements is :

B -Complex-> Metafolin -> Mb12-> Ab12

I did face a lot of startup after adding Adb12 and I still am. My experience is as follows:

Physical startup includes:

-twitching and buzzing sensations in spine and head region
-nerve pain which lasts for a short duration in random regions(head,spine,toes,fingers,legs)
-fatigue
-intensified shortness of breath

Mental startup includes:
-anxiety
-irritation
-mental process over-stimulation( racing thoughts, confusion)
-depression
-emotional instability at times(anger,rage)
-memory and concentration problems
-inability to relax
-insomnia
- vivid and complicated dream patterns( further aggravated by melatonin)
-non-restorative sleep
-wired/over-stimulated and tired feeling
-brain fog

Other experiences:
- increased need of methylfolate
- increased need of potassium
- found 'some' moments of increased energy, but it is insignificant(4-5 hours) when compared to the duration of taking adb12(12 days)

Most of the above symptoms were already present before adding adb12, but adb12 intensified them.

Now,the following are some questions I have:

1. Is adb12 supposed to work in this manner? Should I consider myself in the 'hypersensitive' category as Freddd has mentioned. Is this downswing a positive sign?(the perception that things getting worse are a sign of healing)

2. Does ATP startup explain the effects mentioned above?

3. What dosage of adb12 should I maintain now? I have taken 1 sublingual(3000mcg) daily for about a week and would like to know how much to take now.I've read that people take it 2 to 3 times a week. I don't know if I should keep taking one sublingual daily and what to expect in terms of startup/detox effects.

4. I also would like to add Acetyl L-Carnitine( I have the Doctor's Best capsules).I've read that adb12 and carnitine are meant to work together.What should be the initial dosage and frequency of L-Carnitine and order in which it should be taken?
Freddd has recommended to take it on an empty stomach,right? I am planning to add the carnitine in two days or so,or should I wait more?

Also,if you have some experience with adb12 and l-carnitine, please share. It will help me a lot.

Thanks.