Get PACE removed from clinical guidelines – sign the petition!
Sasha invites you to sign a new petition to the HHS to protect patients against the PACE trial, CBT and GET ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tips welcomed regarding submitting published, peer-reviewed papers to databases (if possible)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Tom Kindlon, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

I had a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal back in December 2011. It took me a lot of effort to research it and write it up, and deal with the peer reviewers' comments. The abstract is below and there's a thread on it: .

Unfortunately the journal is/was not PubMed-listed (and has now stopped been published), which means fewer people are aware of it.

It had been suggested to me that I might be able to get it archived on PubMed Central to make it more visible. I searched and saw that Leonard Jason had done that with two papers of his that were published in the same journal.

Tonight I have finally had a chance to look in to this. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to archive it on PubMed Central because I'm not an NIH employee nor was it funded by the NIH (see for example:

Does anyone know whether there are any other databases I could submit it to, to try to ensure it is more widely known about? It has been referenced in a few papers/letters but would like it to be more widely known about. I did send it to hundreds of local and national patient groups around the world. I was thinking I might send it to some of the authors whose papers I referenced.

The full paper is available free here:
    Valentijn, biophile and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.