• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips on conquering sulfate?

bigmillz

Starting to question these sulfate sticks more...read a record ~800 last night (been 1200 at night lately), and almost 1600 this morning. If I ask my doctor for a real test, is there anything else I should definitely include while I'm at it?

grapes

Can someone set me straight? I've read SO much on these forums and still am not clear.

Namely...

1) If one's urine shows "very high" sulfate levels (as revealed by my OAT testing last year), does that mean my serum levels are probably low? The Quantofix sulfate strips also confirm what my OAT showed by the way--I'm always at least 800 and perhaps 1200.
2) My OAT result said the cause was "Acute detox or oxidant stress". I was detoxing high levels of copper when I did the OAT test. I got my copper down, but sulphur stays high. HOW do we lower it?