• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

tips for wearing stained clothes?

panckage

I used to do this when weather permitted, until a few months ago when i got a 2nd or 3rd degree burn in the bend of my groin 2 inches long about an inch from my foof.
My condolences. I'm not going to ask what a foof is haha. You bring up a good point though. I actually don't cook naked. I wear my seXxXy undies. It's not safe to have things swinging around in the kitchen, especially when the oven door is open. Some meat is best served raw :rofl:

Toxed

Certified in Environmental Medicine, ATSDR
Turn them inside out.! I forever have toothpaste dripped down my top and pants (I sit on the toilet to brush.
I do that too! The brushing my teeth while sitting on the toilet. It started because I was too weak to stand in front of the sink, and it cut the time that I had to be up.

Toxed

Unique brand enzymes remove most stains. Mocha is my number one annoitment.I have more problems with holes. Because I can't tolerate any toxins I have to wash my clothes a lot. New clothes have a lot of formaldehyde and other processing chemicals. If they're conventional, I have to wash them 15 times before I can even wear them. Organic is only 5 times. If I get an exposure, I have to strip, shower and put on clean clothes, washing the ones I was wearing. I've started x-stitching things over them. My favorite jumper now has a bumble bee on the back. The jumper I'm currently wearing has a hole on the tummy. I'm trying to decide if it gets a flower or a butterfly...

mermaid

The trouble with my stain remover is that it looks just like the same container with the 'spray to deal with mould' container (sorry toxic stuff I know). Anyway, one day in my usual brain fog moment I picked up the wrong container and sprayed bleachy stuff on my lovely t shirt. You can imagine the result. :eek:

Toxed

I can see your dilemma. I'd hate that. I assume you used bleach? Chlorine or peroxide? Since I don't use toxics, I don't have that problem. Tea tree solution kills mold. Enzymes digest it. I mix my own and color code the bottles. It helps.

taniaaust1

I bleach all stained things though it isn't good for my MCS. "Many" coloured articles will actually hold their colour in bleach, dyeing things is too much work for me with having to stir something in dye which is hard on my arms.

ukxmrv

I use a washing machine and dye that way. Not possible for me to dye using hot water and a large pan. Washing machine works well for me but I need to ensure that any clothing I buy can be machine washed and the right fabric.