• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Hip

I see prednisolone fine not logged in and using incognito mode. Their website really is shit though. It's painful every time I use it.

Actually, me too: I can also see the drugs without logging in now. Goldpharma must have recently changed their setup, because for quite a while they required login first (at least from the UK; it may be different in other countries). I should think this relates to legal issues.

Goldpharma.com, like many other good online pharmacies offering good prices, are always being targeted by that dubious organization called LegitScript. LegitScript are a private organization working on behalf of Western pharmaceutical companies to try to restrict access to cheaper or generic pharmaceuticals from abroad.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I am using an and I am logged it, but I can't See their products
You have to type the name of the product into the box marked 'trade name or active ingredient'. You should only have to start to type in the name.

Hip

This is exactly what I am doing all the time

There's probably something wrong with your computer setup. I used an Austrian proxy website to view goldpharma.com as if I were located in your country, and it worked fine.

Try a different browser, or a different computer.

Or try www.buy-pharma.co to see if they ship to Austria. They are a good a very cheap pharmacy.

Does anybody know how difficult it is to get prescription medicine in Mexico? Or having sent them to Mexico from online pharmacy?
(I will stay there for a while on vacation)

There's probably something wrong with your computer setup. I used an Austrian proxy website to view goldpharma.com as if I were located in your country, and it worked fine.

Try a different browser, or a different computer.

Or try www.buy-pharma.co to see if they ship to Austria. They are a good a very cheap pharmacy.
I am having the same problem, although I did receive an email that said they do not supply the product I am interested in.

Hi My name is Lisa and I was so glad to find this forum and to find a list of pharmacies. Well I wanted to order one of my meds from Goldpharma where of course I was going to use my credit card they took the order but now they say that visa card payments have been suspended and want deposit. My card was a mastercard not visa. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal for them to ask for SS number? Thanks

sarah darwins

Is it normal for them to ask for SS number? Thanks

If that's your social security number then that sounds really wrong — like an attempt at identity theft. In your position I would cancel that card with the bank immediately and request a new one. Even pharmacies that have previously been 'safe' sometimes turn bad. Or their websites get hijacked or whatever. But asking for a social security number is a huge red flag.

There are online pharmacies that accept payment through legitimate money remit services. Much safer, as the pharmacy doesn't get your banking details.

MeSci

Hi My name is Lisa and I was so glad to find this forum and to find a list of pharmacies. Well I wanted to order one of my meds from Goldpharma where of course I was going to use my credit card they took the order but now they say that visa card payments have been suspended and want deposit. My card was a mastercard not visa. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal for them to ask for SS number? Thanks
I used to buy meds from goldpharma with ease, but they apparently had some problems with the US more recently. However, they replied to a query from me in October, when I got fed up with going to the bank to order:

"Thank you for your email.
Sorry for any confusion. Payment for prescriptions is now possible by credit card including MasterCard and Visa. The logos will be reinstated when our website is next revised. In the event of any further inquiries please contact us at your earliest convenience."

I haven't tried it since, as I haven't needed to.

However, I am in the UK, and it may be different in the US.

If that's your social security number then that sounds really wrong — like an attempt at identity theft. In your position I would cancel that card with the bank immediately and request a new one. Even pharmacies that have previously been 'safe' sometimes turn bad. Or their websites get hijacked or whatever. But asking for a social security number is a huge red flag.

There are online pharmacies that accept payment through legitimate money remit services. Much safer, as the pharmacy doesn't get your banking details.
Thank you Sarah. When I saw the request for SS I cancelled my order. It scared me right off!

I used to buy meds from goldpharma with ease, but they apparently had some problems with the US more recently. However, they replied to a query from me in October, when I got fed up with going to the bank to order:

"Thank you for your email.
Sorry for any confusion. Payment for prescriptions is now possible by credit card including MasterCard and Visa. The logos will be reinstated when our website is next revised. In the event of any further inquiries please contact us at your earliest convenience."

I haven't tried it since, as I haven't needed to.

However, I am in the UK, and it may be different in the US.
Thanks MeSci. I cancelled it and ordered from Buypharma instead. Have you used them before?

Hip

I have used buypharma at least half a dozen times in the last two years, and I find them excellent. Fast (usually around 5 days delivery to the UK), reliable, wide range of stock, and as cheap as alldaychemist.com.

Goldpharma.com are also an excellent pharmacy that I have used many times over the last 5 years, with by far the largest range of pharmaceuticals of any pharmacy. I am not sure why they are asking for social security numbers at present. It is a bit off-putting. A good place to ask questions about online pharmacies is the www.pharmacy-reviewer.com forum.

Last edited:

MeSci

Goldpharma.com are also an excellent pharmacy that I have used many times over the last 5 years, with by far the largest range of pharmaceuticals of any pharmacy. I am not sure why they are asking for social security numbers at present. It is a bit off-putting. A good place to ask questions about online pharmacies is the www.pharmacyreviewer.com forum.
Well, Goldpharma seem to have sorted out their ordering again, as I have successfully ordered from them in the usual way for the first time in a while - from the UK. Didn't have to go to the bank or anything - at last. It was quite quick too (didn't make a note how long).