1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

tiny amounts of alcohol cause pain.

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by justy, Nov 20, 2010.

1. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    I have always been slightly intolerant of alcohol, but since having M.E i have had to give it up completely. when i did used to have a drink i would get pains in my legs for a while. It just seemed to me that maybe i wasn't meant to drink it.
    Nowi take a herbal tincture 3xday which is held in some kind of alcohol. I only take 5 mls, but this causes the leg pain and slightly drunk feeling.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is an/or what causes it. I dont need to drink alcohol, but wonder if it points to something else that is not working properly, or wether it holds some clue to what i need to do for my recovery.
    I have had very severe candida and am dealing with that at the moment.

2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Just my two cents Justy, but I think it could be due to several reasons, one of the biggies, is the candida/fungal issue you mention, especially if it's severe. Candida creates it's own alcohol as it ferments in the gut. So perhaps adding just a little more is too overwhelming to your system -- plus it may be feeding the infection. Here's a link to more info:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Candida-and-Alcohol---Why-Alcohol-is-Bad-For-Candida-Infections&id=2342923

Other possibilities could be the alcohol is depleting glutathione in your liver -- and it may be suppressing immune function -- but all in all I think it has more to do with your candida infection.

Perhaps you could get the tincture in a glycerol or saline solution?

Dan

3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks danny - i do have a low red cell glutathione level. Dont know why i didnt think of asking about changing the solution before! yes i agree about the candida. If i eat any sugar i get a terrible hangover the next day, although this is improving.

See more popular forum discussions.