1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tinnitus Cure May Lie in the Brain - NIH

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by shrewsbury, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Very interesting - thanks for posting.
  3. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    I developed severe tinnitus at the same time that a number of other autonomic issues were getting much worse. The anti-viral acyclovir greatly reduced both my tinnitus and my severe headaches.
  4. 5150

5150 Senior Member

hi CBS do you have to take acyclovir on-going, or was it one course, or what? thanks. I have a really bad case.
  5. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Not sure if they coincided or not, but have you noticed any correlation between desmopressin and tinnitus?
  6. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    I recently saw a commercial for some over the counter medicine that treats tinnitus due to poor circulation. Ofcourse I can't remember the name. I was suprised because I did not know poor circulation to the ear could cause tinnitus.
  7. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    TY for posting this

I havent tried acyclovir -

Is ringing in the ears common in many of us too

glen
  8. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I have a fire truck in my ear all the time. It's almost all in my right ear and I only have 20% hearing in my right ear. I had a hearing aid and that helped some, but not sure why that helped. Lost my hearing aid about 9 months ago which made the tinnitus flare up. I quit Klonopin about 6 months ago and it has become even worse since then. Klonopin was the best thing that I have taken to lessen the tinnitus.
  9. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

Tinnitis is a diabolical torture for anyone with with a bit of intelligence. I'd rather have cancer, given the choice.
  10. fla

fla Senior Member

Montreal, Canada
    I've been starting to suffer from mild tinnitis in the past few months. Is there anything that can prevent it from getting worse?

See more popular forum discussions.