• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tina Tidmore on the RADIO! Spreading Critical Information on ME/CFS!

muffin

KRFC Radio Show Announcement

Tina Tidmore with the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Worldwide Patient Alliance on Holy Hormones Honey!, March 7 from 6 to 7pm MST with live audiostream.

CFS, is a debilitating disease that affects millions of people in the United States. It's characterized by profound fatigue that doesn't improve with bed rest and can be exacerbated or re-kindled by physical or mental activity. Other symptoms associated with CFS include cognitive deficits, impaired sleep, myalgia, arthralgia, headache, gastrointestinal symptoms and tender lymph nodes.

Listen to the latest research on CFS via audio stream at http://www.krfcfm.org

muffin

Thank you Tina for Doing these Interviews and Educating the PUBLIC on ME/CFS

You all know Tina Tidmore - Usedtobeperky.

This is another great opportunity for someone who understands the issues - medical, scientific, political, economic, etc to really do a great job in getting tons of critical information out to the public on ME/CFS.

Tina is an outstanding spokesperson who has an amazing grasp of all things involved in ME/CFS. I must say that I and the many other people who work with Tina on MCWPA and other projects have immense respect for Tina and her talents.

Thank you Tina for spending so much time becoming an expert in all things ME/CFS. We all are quite lucky to have Tina out there, articulate and commanding, providing the public with a fast introduction and the solid studies on ME/CFS. Tina does a fantastic job in all things but public speaking is a super strength!

Thank you Tina for doing this for all of us sick people! We need people who are bright and can think and speak for us in educating the public on ME/CFS.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Wow - that's awesome Tina, looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Thanks for spreading the word muffin, I'm getting my typing fingers ready to tell them how much I enjoyed the program!

muffin

You will be OUTSTANDING as usual Tina! You are so articulate and explain things so that everyone can understand - from the newly sick who don't know a thing about ME/CFS to the very experienced and aware. Just be your super smart self!!!

SpecialK: Yes! Do thank the radio station for having Tina do an interview with them. The radio station is aware that they are doing a major public service to millions of people and that is great for them and for all the sick/soon-to-be sick. Educate, alert, and push that information out into the mainstream public!!! Goooo Tina!!!!

Marg

I went there..know it is the 7th and know i have the right time 7:00 CST for MST i cannot find a thing or Tina on the schedule, has something happened? I could not find anything of the schedule either, waht is up? Hope everything is okay, I was so lookinfg forward to it. I hope it is not my brain fog but I checked everything

Great interview. Her facts were spot on across the board. Her communication was clear and consice. She is a great asset to the CFS community. Thank you for all the work Tina!

Lynn

Great interview. You are a very articulate spokesperson for our illness and our plight.

Thanks for doing this.

Lynn

Marg

I went there..know it is the 7th and know i have the right time 7:00 CST for MST I cannot find a thing or Tina on the schedule, has something happened? I could not find anything of the schedule either, waht is up? Hope everything is okay, I was so lookinfg forward to it. I hope it is not my brain fog but I checked everything

I did get inot the broadcast half way into the program. The time was right for the show Holy Hormones/ Democracy Now! Taht was it and there waa Tina, gret kob Tina!

Thank you, Tina for an excellent job. I echo everyone else's sentiments. Had I your cognitive ability and your grasp of our plight I still could not have expressed myself half as well. So glad you are there for us!

Frickly

Link to Recording

Radio Interview & Advocacy Updates from MCWPA by XMRV Global Action on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 11:01am.

A message from ME/CFS Worldwide Patient Alliance:

Leslie Carol Botha with KRFC in northern Colorado interviewed Tina Tidmore about the history of ME/CFS outbreaks, lack of government commitment and XMRV. The program lasted one hour and was heard internationally through audio livestream. You can listen to the recording here: http://www.facebook.com/l/1c96a/www.archive.org/details/KrfcInterviewAboutMecfsWithTinaTidmore

This was a much stronger message than is often heard in the news media. The emphasis was on biological abnormalities found in this illness, particularly in the brain.

Also, we would like to ask you thank Leslie, the host, for featuring ME/CFS. In order to get these reporters to do more stories, they need to know people listen to them. Feedback is very important. You can post on her Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/lesliebotha The radio station manager can be contacted here: http://www.facebook.com/l/1c96a/www.krfcfm.org/contact-krfc/

As patients requested in January in the survey, the MCWPA team is working on Public Service Announcements and are prepared for a press release for the big biological finding. However, to do the print ads with seed money, we need $2,000 more. Please consider doing a Birthday Wish through Facebook for MCWPA - wiith 2,100 members, if each donated just $10, we would exceed our goal and could do much more. The campaign is working as we have had mainstream newspaper articles and two radio interviews. You can see the results here: http://www.facebook.com/l/1c96a/mcwpa.org/in-the-news/mcwpa-in-the-news/

If you have not already sent letters to doctors, then you are missing out. One patient reported she sent her letters to doctors she didn't know and her own. Her doctor called her and asked her to come because she had new options for treatment. Doctors Need to Know the latest research. http://www.facebook.com/l/1c96a/forum.mcwpa.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=183

We have a few who have entered the video contest. But we would like more. Please go here to see how to enter: http://www.facebook.com/l/1c96a/forum.mcwpa.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=393

Thank you for supporting MCWPA. We have lots to do and lots of results.

The MCWPA Team