Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ticks carrying Lyme disease found in South London parks

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Antares in NYC, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Hello London!
    Apparently your parks have ticks carrying the disease that shall not be named or discussed with your doctors, or which established methodologies shall not even be questioned. (Ok, now I'm being cheeky... maybe)

Just be careful out there, my friends. If you notice a rash with the shape of a bullseye, seek immediate medical attention, seek doctors that understand this epidemic.

PS: I lived in London many years ago; one of my favorite places in the world. Sad to see this curse is popping up there too. Be safe.

PS: Interesting this news comes out the same week that notable businessman John Caudwell announced his entire family is affected by persistent Lyme.

2. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Does the UK keep track of canine Lyme incidences, I wonder? If I were a Londoner, I might take a look at that stat, if available. Track it over the last, say, five years. See where the numbers are heading.

Incidentally, most canine diagnostics these days are done with the C6.

Valentijn likes this.
  3. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Lots of Londoners on Lyme FB groups getting better with treatment. I may have contracted Lyme in the South East.

4. msf

msf Senior Member

Pity it wasn´t North London, then they might actually do something about it.

5. msf

msf Senior Member

I just realised that I used to be taken to Richmond park as a child to see the deer.

6. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    :) Yes, an outbreak in Islington and it would be sorted by next week. lol

sianrecovery and halcyon like this.

See more popular forum discussions.