1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thyroid and Goitrogens

Discussion in 'Thyroid Dysfunction' started by Lotus97, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    There's some information that says that goitrogens are bad if you have hypothyroid. A list of foods with goitrogens and goitrogenic drugs can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goitrogen

My TSH, free T3 and T4 are in the normal reference range, but I was told that my free T3 (2.8) and T4 (1.20) are actually a little low. My TSH is normal even by stricter standards (under 2.0). How strict do I need to be compared to someone who has full-blown hypothyroidism? And with goitrogens in foods is it simply a matter of blocking iodine uptake (in which a person could just increase their iodine dose) or is it more complex than that?

See more popular forum discussions.