1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thurs Feb 14: Vote for Bob Miller's Obama promise question for today's YouTube White House chat

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by BobM, Feb 13, 2013.

1. BobM

BobM

Reno, NV
    Robert Miller ‏@bobmiller42
    Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the… http://fb.me/CGcWY7zQ
    use the twitter link above to vote for my question to be answered by Pres. Obama

My Facebook Page request:
    Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the link and scroll down the page half way and on the right side you will see a search box. Type in: Robert Miller , and my question should come up. You can then vote on the question, just click on the Thumbs up…Hopefully we can get enough people to vote, so he addresses the question.
    Thank you,
    #RobertMiller
    #BobMiller
    http://www.youtube.com/api/moderator/g/ytmod/view#52/e=206d30&g=robert+miller&tt=6

Kati likes this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Bob,

When I click on the youtube link it asks for me to log in. I don't see how to do this...can you give instructions?

Thanks,
    Sushi

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    This is a Google+ event (sorry about the horrible highlighting):

On Tuesday, President Obama will deliver his State of the Union address to the nation. On Thursday, at 4:50 p.m ET, he'll take questions from the American people in a Google+ Hangout.

Here's your chance to ask President Obama a question about the issues that are on your mind. You can also vote on questions that you'd like to see asked.

President Obama will answer a selection of your top-voted questions, live from the West Wing of the White House. For the second consecutive year, the entire interview will be conducted virtually through a Google+ Hangout.

Tune in to watch the whole interview right here on the White House YouTube channel at 4:50 p.m. ET on Thursday.

NOTE: The White House will not be selecting questions and will not see the questions before they are asked.

It seems to require a Google+ log-in, whatever that is: I tried to log in with my gmail account and it didn't allow me to vote (it said I needed to log in so I presume that wasn't because I was trying to do it from the UK).

I've spent the last half hour trying to work this out with a slow internet connection that keeps dropping out and I need a rest. Can anybody do it? Please post!And it would be good to know how to do that without selling your soul to Google - personally I don't want to be connected to the rest of the world, or indeed my other email accounts... :)

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    "Tomorrow" is now today, Thursday 14 February - I'll request a name change for this thread.

5. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Sasha, I think you have to sign up for Google Plus.

Sasha likes this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    It really burns me that our President is doing something as important as answer questions in a restricted access venue such as Google+ Hangout. He is not taking questions from the American people, he is taking questions from Google+ Hangout members.

It seem to me that social media is anything but social. First off, it requires computer access. At least many blogs and websites are available to anyone that has a computer. Joining websites is usually minimally privacy invasive (user name & e-mail address). Now we have things like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter that are available to subgroups of computer owners who may be required to accept huge privacy invasion to join.

7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I agree with everything you say there - can't see why restriction should be necessary.

That's what we're stuck with if we want to vote for this, though! :D

8. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    I was unable to login.

9. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Now I get the message "Topic has been closed for voting."

10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks for letting us know - fingers crossed Bob's question got enough votes!

11. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    i got the message "this submission has been deleted"

12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I think that might have referred to the video below Bob's, but I'm not sure about any of this... :confused:

13. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I didn't succeed either.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.