• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thurs Feb 14: Vote for Bob Miller's Obama promise question for today's YouTube White House chat

Robert Miller ‏@bobmiller42
Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the… http://fb.me/CGcWY7zQ
use the twitter link above to vote for my question to be answered by Pres. Obama

My Facebook Page request:
Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the link and scroll down the page half way and on the right side you will see a search box. Type in: Robert Miller , and my question should come up. You can then vote on the question, just click on the Thumbs up…Hopefully we can get enough people to vote, so he addresses the question.
Thank you,
#RobertMiller
#BobMiller
http://www.youtube.com/api/moderator/g/ytmod/view#52/e=206d30&g=robert+miller&tt=6

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Robert Miller ‏@bobmiller42
Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the… http://fb.me/CGcWY7zQ
use the twitter link above to vote for my question to be answered by Pres. Obama

My Facebook Page request:
Tomorrow Pres. #Obama will answer questions posted on the link below. I would ask that #MECFS patients go to the link and scroll down the page half way and on the right side you will see a search box. Type in: Robert Miller , and my question should come up. You can then vote on the question, just click on the Thumbs up…Hopefully we can get enough people to vote, so he addresses the question.
Thank you,
#RobertMiller
#BobMiller
http://www.youtube.com/api/moderator/g/ytmod/view#52/e=206d30&g=robert+miller&tt=6

Hi Bob,

When I click on the youtube link it asks for me to log in. I don't see how to do this...can you give instructions?

Thanks,
Sushi

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This is a Google+ event (sorry about the horrible highlighting):

On Tuesday, President Obama will deliver his State of the Union address to the nation. On Thursday, at 4:50 p.m ET, he'll take questions from the American people in a Google+ Hangout.

Here's your chance to ask President Obama a question about the issues that are on your mind. You can also vote on questions that you'd like to see asked.

President Obama will answer a selection of your top-voted questions, live from the West Wing of the White House. For the second consecutive year, the entire interview will be conducted virtually through a Google+ Hangout.

Tune in to watch the whole interview right here on the White House YouTube channel at 4:50 p.m. ET on Thursday.

NOTE: The White House will not be selecting questions and will not see the questions before they are asked.

It seems to require a Google+ log-in, whatever that is: I tried to log in with my gmail account and it didn't allow me to vote (it said I needed to log in so I presume that wasn't because I was trying to do it from the UK).

I've spent the last half hour trying to work this out with a slow internet connection that keeps dropping out and I need a rest. Can anybody do it? Please post!And it would be good to know how to do that without selling your soul to Google - personally I don't want to be connected to the rest of the world, or indeed my other email accounts... :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
"Tomorrow" is now today, Thursday 14 February - I'll request a name change for this thread.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
This is a Google+ event (sorry about the horrible highlighting):

On Tuesday, President Obama will deliver his State of the Union address to the nation. On Thursday, at 4:50 p.m ET, he'll take questions from the American people in a Google+ Hangout.
It seems to require a Google+ log-in, whatever that is: I tried to log in with my gmail account and it didn't allow me to vote (it said I needed to log in so I presume that wasn't because I was trying to do it from the UK).

I've spent the last half hour trying to work this out with a slow internet connection that keeps dropping out and I need a rest. Can anybody do it? Please post!And it would be good to know how to do that without selling your soul to Google - personally I don't want to be connected to the rest of the world, or indeed my other email accounts... :)
It really burns me that our President is doing something as important as answer questions in a restricted access venue such as Google+ Hangout. He is not taking questions from the American people, he is taking questions from Google+ Hangout members.

It seem to me that social media is anything but social. First off, it requires computer access. At least many blogs and websites are available to anyone that has a computer. Joining websites is usually minimally privacy invasive (user name & e-mail address). Now we have things like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter that are available to subgroups of computer owners who may be required to accept huge privacy invasion to join.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
It really burns me that our President is doing something as important as answer questions in a restricted access venue such as Google+ Hangout. He is not taking questions from the American people, he is taking questions from Google+ Hangout members.

It seem to me that social media is anything but social. First off, it requires computer access. At least many blogs and websites are available to anyone that has a computer. Joining websites is usually minimally privacy invasive (user name & e-mail address). Now we have things like Facebook, Google+, and Twitter that are available to subgroups of computer owners who may be required to accept huge privacy invasion to join.

I agree with everything you say there - can't see why restriction should be necessary.

That's what we're stuck with if we want to vote for this, though! :D