1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Throwin up White Flag on Rituxan Also! :(

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Jacque, May 25, 2013.

1. smoothfox99

smoothfox99 Guest

I couldn't agree more! We need the big bucks like cancer patients get. This disease is debilitating in a way that no one truly understands until they get it. But it needs to get out there. I pray that through film or exposure other ways that the word will get out that we deserve help. We are being tossed aside because they don't even know we exist.

My friend was at UCLA medical school and I asked a person at her party a future doctor what his thoughts were on CFS? His response: "What's CFS?" So I tell him the other name. He says oh I haven't heard of that one. Yikes! That means new doctors aren't being taught to see this disease either. I met with the friend who is now a doctor to get her take on things she told me to see a psychiatrist. It makes me sad because it doesn't bode well. CFS is rare in the minds of the medical community it is hard to be seen when no one wants to look.

-Rachel
  2. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Thanks Rachel. Keep your chin up kiddo. Get some rest now - that's a heck of a session responding, though we sure appreciate it. Be kind to yourself :)

See more popular forum discussions.