Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tom Kindlon, May 2, 2017.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

ahimsa, Simon, Gemini and 10 others like this.
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

I was consulted on one chapter.
    through the Shadowlands.jpg

Joh, AndyPR, Simon and 15 others like this.
  3. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    I'm giving away a copy of Julie Rehmeyer's "Through the Shadowlands" for ME Awareness day

Julie kindly sent me an early bird copy of her wonderful book (I'm one of the people she consulted about the science) - thanks, Julie! I'm keeping that copy, of course, but I already had a copy on pre-order and I'm going to give that one away for ME Awareness Day.

If you'd like to be in the mix for the free copy just send me a PM, or send a tweet to me, @sjmnotes, using the hashtag #winshadowlands. I'll choose a winner on today or tomorrow, and contact you for your address.

Ideally, I'd like the book to go to someone who wouldn't be able to get it otherwise (hardbacks aren't cheap), but it's entirely up to people to decide what to do.

I'll post to the US or the UK for sure. I'll also post further afield if the winner will pay any additional postage (it's Amazon, whose postage charges don't seem too bad).

And of course, thanks to Julie for making this possible by sending me an early bird copy.

More about the Through the Shadowlands (and how to buy it).

Joh, ahimsa, belize44 and 4 others like this.
  4. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

The Loneliness of Having an Illness Science Doesn’t Understand

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/08/living-with-an-illness-science-hasnt-figured-out.html

See more popular forum discussions.