• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Three years and no diagnosis. Frustrated

The problem is that if I take this table to my doctors they will send me right away with the shrink because "only an obssesed person would do a chart about their health"

The dance! Going to the doctor, with me, turns into a kind of competitive game of wits... a definite win/lose EVENT, where I must use strategy, restraint, and acting ability to:
1. Make the doctor like me.
2. refrain from committing the cardinal sin: self-diagnosis (in said doctor's presence)
3. make the doctor think it was his idea to give me the meds/diagnosis/affadavit I seek

Restraint is the most challenging
Oh, yes... Sometimes I fail at all 3 objectives

Sea

Hi guys,
So last month fasciculation came back, like the ones I had during onset and I started again a Vitamin B complex and puff gone again. So everytime I have fasciculations I take vitamin B complex and they dissapear. What does this mean?i lack vitamin B? Does this have something to do with my overall symptoms? Is there a clue here?what do you guys think?

I'd say it is quite likely a part of the puzzle. Even if it's not the primary issue. Anyone with food allergies or digestive issues is likely to have a problem with vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Either because the restricted diet is deficient or because the body is not absorbing properly what it's given.

Have you been able to follow up on the Mastocytosis idea yet?

andre79

Hi Sea,

I haven't been able to follow up that idea yet, mostly because I am exhausted of going from doctor to doctor and being dismissed. I don't think I can put up with that one more time. What I really want is to go with a doctor that really understand my condition. He/she is the one that has to do the work, not me, i am the patient, and a very exhausted patient. I use my low energy to work online and to save money to get specialized help. Still thinking about going with DeMerlier but I am under the impression that most people here that see him are not improving. Maybe is just an impression.

So, I have worked six months online and I think that at the end of the year I will have some money saved to do this, but it is one shot only, because if it doesn't work I won't have enough to go to other.

Is DeMerlier a good option for me? I need some reassurance before spending my hard worked money.

Violeta

Cymbalta can be linked to fasciculations.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/374788-cymbalta-muscle-twitching-may-surprise-you.html

It looks like cymbalta can cause liver damage, too.

After you discontinue a med it takes quite some time to undo the possible side effects.

Stress is a major cause of fatty liver. Doctors of course will say don't worry about it, but it causes a lot of problems. Doctors don't really seem to have any ideas for reversing it, you have to find the way on your own.

Last edited:

digital dog

I never think I am going to die but just wish I could if I'm going to continue feeling so dreadful!
I say SCREW doctors! You are lucky if you get one who even pretends to be interested and informed. Most of the doctors I have seen are completely clueless but MikeV is absolutely correct in that you have to play a game with them to make them feel empowered. A doctor once wrote me out a prescription for FUN! he said I needed more fun so he picked up his pad and gave me a prescription. It made me feel so desperately sad.
I think it sounds as if you have an immune problem so why don't you give LDN a try? I also think Violeta could be correct in saying that the Cymbalta withdrawal could be muddying the waters.
I really hope that you get some answers and relief.
Good luck Misfit with your new drug. Hope that is working for you.