Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Threat to UK Freedom of Information - urgent

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by MeSci, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    I've just been notified of the UK government's plans to introduce extortionate fees for requests for information under Freedom of Information laws, and of a way to oppose them.

These laws have been used - with limited success - to challenge the PACE trials among other things, and the imposition of large fees might seriously further hamper our ability to do such things. I'm not sure whether this specific type of FOI request would be included, but requests for other medical info, e.g. relating to the NHS, look as though they might be.

Please take this action if you are eligible (maybe only UK citizens):

2. alkt

alkt Senior Member

uk
    signed and shared seems to be a typical governments attack on civil liberties.

MeSci likes this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    The UK has successfully done similar things for a very long time. Try to get court transcripts and watch the costs go into many digits. Its been said by a journalist in the UK that the Chinese government is more transparent than the UK government, though I wonder how far this is exaggerated.

4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    No it's not wrong
    During the Cold War, the most secretive states in the world were Albania, blech I've forgotten the other one, and the UK
    the UK abuses the hell out of it's labyrinthine, nepotistic, inbred, elitist bureaucracy and the "Official Secrets Act" to hide damn near everything, regardless of whether it is or should be "secret"

to show this on the recent exposure of horrific mass child abuse, the British government refused to change the Official Secrets Act to permit whistleblowers to come forward and expose these crimes, after being threatened with the O.S.A. to shut up by Special Branch or MI5 (sometimes at gun point, that's nto hyperbole, it's been stated by credible witnesses including cops)

Now what kind of government would NOT want the mass rape of tens of thousands of children, the murder of hundreds of them, and assassination of a dozen or so whistleblowers, investigated?
    And thus, what kind of an over all mentality and behaviour do they have?

natasa778 likes this.
  5. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

The kind who use pedophilia as a means of blackmail of senior politicians to get them to do what they want and vote how they want.

Heres a verbatum quote from the former Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, that went out on LBC radio, London largest talk radio station.

I was raising in parliament against Mrs Thatcher the Kincora Boys Home
    where boys were being abused and MI5 was filming it because they were
    hoping to be able to blackmail senior politicians in Northern Ireland.
    They were hoping to catch one of Ian Paisley’s MP’s – and they never did
    - and give themselves some leverage. The truth is there’s been an awful
    lot of covering up of paedophiles and paedophile rings for decades and
    decades.”

I have listened to the quote directly before myself just cant find a player for it right now. Ill have another look and post it if I can. This kind of thing makes you realise when you look at things like the Jimmy Saville issue, who he was linked to, the fact that he was knighted etc etc that quashing FOI access is nothing to the people at the top of government.

natasa778, SilverbladeTE and alkt like this.
  6. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

Here it is..

SilverbladeTE and alkt like this.
  7. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Signed and shared, truly appalling. Thanks for posting.

alkt, MeSci and snowathlete like this.
  8. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    wow. Probably the most important petition I'll sign this year.

alkt, Valentijn and MeSci like this.
  9. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    alkt and Valentijn like this.
  10. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Signed up. Thanks for posting this.

alkt and MeSci like this.

See more popular forum discussions.