• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thread for sleep aids?

alice111

could someone please point me in the direction of a thread on here that lists sleep aids? Or perhaps a website link that has a good list?
Thanks! :)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
There's an entire forum for Sleep

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/sleep.90/

If you want OTC just go to any supplement site and type in sleep. Also OTC antihistamines work.

As many here will tell you, it's all trial and error. What works for one, will not work for others.

But the best thing is to find a bunch of things to rotate so you don't build tolerance. That is the key IMO.

drob31

My sleep stack tonight:

25 mg diphenhydramine
1 mg melatonin (less is more)
4 caps of Seriphos
1 cap Optizinc (30 mg zinc, 50 mg b6)
500 mg of magnesium calm

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Mag Glycinate plus Optizinc seem to slightly improve sleep for me, but it didn´t feel enough to justify the expense.

I am currently experimenting with Bacopa and huge doses of Ashwagandha, need more time to draw a conclusion. I have tried like 15 different supplements for sleep and a few meds, of course most failed.

DHD above mentioned worked great for a few days but now I need to take double and still doesnt kock me out like it used to. Besides, it makes you feel crappy so why bother?

Look at the thread I started like last year, and also the one I have on longecity with the name "HoldingTheFaith". A lot of ideas are given, sadly I haven´t found anything that works yet. As you can see I have been and will be desperate for some good sleep. I have done threads on it in about two forums more lol

The way I see it, sleep is a major biomarker of good body functioning, it is both a cause and a consequence of good health. So rather than looking for that supp or med that will restore sleep, working in improving overall health should overtime give a more refreshing sleep.

Last edited: