1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thoughts on Positive PCR and Neg Antibody with Moderate CFS?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by soulfeast, Dec 27, 2010.

1. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    Thank you....
  2. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Was it positive PCR or Positive Culture? The positive culture would show that you have active happy XMRV willing to make whoopie with DNA. The negative antibody means that your immune system doesn't recognize that you have an alien invader and is perfectly happy to allow your XMRV to make whoopie with your DNA.

Does that help???
  3. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    Not only do I get it in a way that might stick in this slippery brain, I even got a laugh! Thanks
  4. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Yes Helen me too. George seems playful tonight. Very humourous George.
  5. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    depends on how you define "does that help" ...lovely, happy thoughts.. pcr from vip dx.. not sure if that is culture or not? whats the diff between pcr and culture?
    looks like the vip pcr is also a culture test?

See more popular forum discussions.