• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thoughts on Positive PCR and Neg Antibody with Moderate CFS?

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Was it positive PCR or Positive Culture? The positive culture would show that you have active happy XMRV willing to make whoopie with DNA. The negative antibody means that your immune system doesn't recognize that you have an alien invader and is perfectly happy to allow your XMRV to make whoopie with your DNA.

Does that help???

helen41

Was it positive PCR or Positive Culture? The positive culture would show that you have active happy XMRV willing to make whoopie with DNA. The negative antibody means that your immune system doesn't recognize that you have an alien invader and is perfectly happy to allow your XMRV to make whoopie with your DNA.

Does that help???
Not only do I get it in a way that might stick in this slippery brain, I even got a laugh! Thanks

soulfeast

depends on how you define "does that help" ...lovely, happy thoughts.. pcr from vip dx.. not sure if that is culture or not? whats the diff between pcr and culture?
looks like the vip pcr is also a culture test?