1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Patient Experience: "What Bronllys taught me about pacing."
In 2012, Maya, who had tried to cope with ME/CFS on her own for many years, attended a pain management centre in Wales, U.K., and is now able to achieve more through pacing and acceptance, than she had been able to before the course...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thoughts on Glenn Rothfeld (Mass)?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by HTree, May 17, 2011.

1. HTree

HTree

northeast
    I'm wondering if anyone has positive or negative experiences with Dr. Glenn Rothfeld?

I have seen him, and like his... thoughtfulness, way of thinking, etc... BUT haven't been helped yet. Tried Doxy for a weak positive lyme test...

I have pretty severe CFS at this point--
    Am in the process of making appts with Klimas and hope to see Montoya as well--
    But traveling is tough.

So wondering any thoughts/stories/comments on Rothfeld?
    Thanks!
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I see him, he has helped me a lot.

GG

PS does he take your insurance or do you pay out of pocket?
  3. HTree

HTree

northeast
    I pay out of pocket (or i should say, my kind family is amassing some debt in order to pay out of pocket! sigh).

Have you been to others-- Klimas or Motoya? I guess my theory is if at all possible, see each and choose who may help most. But the money. and the travel..sigh!

May I ask what you've tried with Rothfeld specifically that has helped?

Have you done the phosphatidyl choline IV? I started, and second time felt...well like I was having a brain hemorrage! it was pretty aweful. think I'm fine but instincts telling me...even if that was part of beginning of successful detox....it was too much for my body's present state....
  4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    No, but he is not my 1st Dr. I have seen others since, him, but I have found him the best for my area.

I have been seeing him for a few years now, so hard to say what specifically has helped. I think Cholestryamine with chlorella was helpful. My mercury levels dropped. I used to have really bad brain fog. But something has helped that, the detox and perhaps just doing less now? I don't push myself as hard as I used to, as you can imagine, even when you were well, when you are exhausted, your mental function can falter.

GG

PS I have not done that IV, but he recently suggested a magnesium and B IV, with Inositol. But I think I am going to have that done elsewhere that takes my insurance, more of a drive, but I think it will still be more economical.

See more popular forum discussions.