• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Those taking Source Naturals Dibencozide?

Shellbell

For those who are trying the Source Naturals Dibencozide, how often are you dosing? Daily, bi-weekly, or weekly?

Is anyone, who was taking Country Life adb12 previously and then switched, finding if just as effective?

Thanks,
Shelly

Freddd

For those who are trying the Source Naturals Dibencozide, how often are you dosing? Daily, bi-weekly, or weekly?

Is anyone, who was taking Country Life adb12 previously and then switched, finding if just as effective?

Thanks,
Shelly

Hi Shelly,

I've been taking the Source Naturals Dibencozide at various rates for the past month seeing if I can tell the difference. So far it appears similar. I'll know more by the end of the summer when I can try a 51mg dose of Country and see if it makes any noticeable difference. I'm afraid my rate of change with adb12 is slow enough when I have been saturated with it that it just is going to take time for a difference to show up. I too would very much like to hear from others that have made comparisons.

Shellbell

Hi Fred! Thanks for your response. I started with one sublingual once a week. Now, I am dosing every other day. Hard to say I see a difference yet. I just stopped using my cancer cream and am hoping I will be back on the road to healing. Even though the cream was natural (made from eggplant extract), it really revved up my symptoms and created a histimine reaction, swollen face, lips. Anything that challenges my immune system does this kicks up my histimine levels.

I will let you know how things go. Thanks again!
Shelly

LaurieL

Hi Shelly,

Still daily at 40 and doing fine. I like it much better than the Country Life with folic acid. When I inadvetently ran out of the Country Life a couple of months ago, the tip off something was wrong became apparent. While on the Country Life my period stopped completely. I just thought it was menopause finally setting in, but I was so wrong. When I ran out, my period came back. Then when I went on the Country Life again, it went away again. That was my tip off. The only variable factor in what I had been doing and what I wasn't doing at those specific occurences with my menses, was folic acid.

As far as dosing, I believe the differences between us are not only specific mutations if they exist, but the differences in our intestinal fauna's. What bacteria may or may not be present. So I wouldn't be too concerned about basing your specific doses on what others may be doing. Just a thought.

My reaction times to adeno are quite rapid still. I am interested in what the genetics test will turn up, if a SNP is responsible or not or if concentration should still be on my gut fauna.

Incidently, recently on my methylation voyage, I went through something called trimethylaminuria. I had backed down on my B-complex and my additional supplementation of the B1 and B2 and ended up depleting my B2. With reintroduction of riboflavin, the problem has since been resolved.

It will be interesting to see what turns up in the next few months.

Laurie

Shellbell

Thanks for the response Laurie. I know my gut is my huge block to healing right now. The last time I had this much pain and dysfunction was right after I got sick 4 years ago.

Unfortunately, for now, I have had to back down on my folate and mb12. I was feeling better on less, which probably means that I depleted something along the way, but haven't figured it out yet. This is really a tough protocol.

Out of curiosity, what b complex are you taking now? I really liked the make-up of the B Right. I just wish it contained folate, not folic acid. I think the amount of ratios of B's were good for me. To try to reproduce that is difficult.

Shell

LaurieL

I happen to feel the same way about the B-Right as you do. I was taking it twice a day a couple of months ago, then tapered down to one per day, and then as a trial I cut it out all together just prior to my trimethylaminuria incident. I did the same thing with B2 or riboflavin. After that incident, I reinstated both with resolution.

edited to add: Would seem it has been more than a couple of months. Where does time go?

Because it is easier to take the B right than to take individual supp's, and not to mention, cheaper, I am staying with the B-Right. Since discontinuing the folic acid in CL, and remember, I was taking high doses of Country Life and there for high doses of folic acid, I seem to do just fine with the small amount in the B-Right. So evidently, I can process some but not the amounts in CL that I needed for adenosyl.

You mention backing down on folate and methyl B but didn't mention adenosyl. I believe in such small doses for many with the CL and there for Folic acid, it may not present as such a problem except for those with a particular SNP, but those in which have a higher need for adenosyl and there for taking higher doses of CL, this ( the folic acid content) will most likely be an issue, SNP or not.

Just my two cents.

Laurie

Shellbell

Laurie, I may go back to the b-right. I am not certain it was really bothering me or not. It was really too easy to tell a difference as I really have just started, only been at this maybe 3 months.

As far as the adb12, I was taking the Source Naturals every other day just recently. It is really hard to tell if I am getting any benefit from it or not. I think it causes more anxiety, but then again, I have this all the time anyway, pretty severe lately. I have decided to take on to two times a week and see how it goes.

What is really hard for me right now is I am so symptomatic, I can't tell what is causing what. I almost feel like I need to start over. My cancer treatment really messed things up, I think.

I really don't know what to do at this point, but to start to focus in on my fixing my gut. I am so nauseated all the time now that I have a hard time even preparing food. I am beginning to lose some what, not a lot though. I am sort of forcing myself to eat to keep what little strength I have right now.

Have you had the CDSA gut profile done yet? I am looking at doing this, but my current practitioner is telling me to hold off for the moment. There are some things she wants to try with me first.

Shelly