• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Those of you who tried Imunovir/Inosine - How fast did you see results or responses of any kind?

Mary

Moderator Resource
One more thing - 2 years ago my HHV number was 640. My GP didn't say or do anything about it and I knew nothing about it at the time. I was just re-tested by Dr. Kaufman and my number had come down to 160. Dr. Kaufman said he would have put me on an anti-viral 2 years ago with that number but not now.

How did my number come down so much? I don't know. The only things I can recall adding in are the following, and maybe some of these were a factor:

BCAAs - started last November, to help with PEM
Glutamine - started last November (1 g. a day)
Inosine - started year and a half ago
liposomal vitamin C (homemade) - started 2 or 3 months ago

Or maybe none of the above - no way to tell. If I were to guess, I would guess the glutamine and inosine perhaps made the biggest difference. But that is just a guess.

SunMoonsStars

Imunovir has been taking over for my cimetidine now so its proving to me they both have stimulated my cellular immunity. Cimetidine is more of of an immediate med and response is very rapid. In a day or two. And then you have to take it ongoing every six or eight hours to keep up that response.
Imunovir is more of a longer term slowly increasing of NK cells and Immunity. I had to stay on cimetidine ongoing while I tapered up the Imunovir and now I do not need the cimetidine like I was depending on it before. I just pulse it in-between my off days of Imunovir for now but will quit it and save it for any acute flare because its is AMAZING for that and reduces severe symptoms to nothing for me in 24 to 48 hours.

I have read that both these therapies may not be for someone who is over active in cellular immunity. I am not one of those people and have responded very well to this therapy.
I am still going to take the Imunvior in the pulsing schedule over this winter and I am though trying to research (maybe someone can tell me ) Can you get your NK cells up and then stop the drug? Will our systems hold the gain or decrease again?
I know the answer for Cimetdine which targets your T Suppressor cells and deactivates them reducing them and therefore activates your T Cells in a near immediate way and then once the drug is out of your system it stops this affect abruptly. This is my experience and I have stopped a few times to check progress and in just a day I know where I am and the drug stops working and within a day or two I am back to the same affect.
Pretty amazing actually.

EBV is very strong virus once your acutely attacked and its gets into the nervous system as well which I found out happens only 5 percent of the time in immune deficient patients

Getting immunity strong as the virus retreats is on my mind and hence the imunovir.
If anyone knows if imunovir can be stopped at a certain point in time I would like to know this. I have been doing the drug for about three months and plan on three more.

Been ill many years and treated lyme and co infections too so I know my immunity is disabled. I say disabled as I am of the hopes I can enable and even recover it without help eventually.