1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This year's flu shot -- preservative-free version is not too bad

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by SOC, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    FWIW~
    Dr R recommended the preservative-free flu vaccine this year. I have had the flu vaccine in previous years with only a small, temporary setback in health. The relatively small consequence is much better than getting the flu for me, so I've taken the vaccine for a number of years now.

The good news this year is that the preservative-free version (or just this year's combo) gave me absolutely no side effects whatsoever. :thumbsup: Worth considering if you, like me, have kids or others bringing pathogens into your home and your rxn to flu vaccines in the past wasn't severe. Naturally, if you've had bad rxns in the past, the vaccine is probably not a good idea.
  2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    I began taking flu shots after I had the 'terrible flu', in hopes of never getting it again. My reaction is moderate and always the same. I spend time with my elderly mother whose immune system may not respond well to vaccine, so I continue to take it.
    SOC and SickOfSickness like this.

See more popular forum discussions.