1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This Sunday, Nov 18: Memorial Teleconference for Rich Van Konynenburg

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Thank you Rivka and Sushi

For organising this tribute.

I was too sick to log in (tried to get out of bed but couldn't make it)

Rich was an incredible friend to PWCFS and missed badly
  2. rebecca1995

rebecca1995 Apple, anyone?

Northeastern US
    Many thanks to Rivka, Sushi, Diana and everyone who participated. I thought the memorial service was wonderful. It helped with some of the pain we have felt since losing such an amazing person.
    Dreambirdie and Wayne like this.
  3. equestrian111

equestrian111

ct
    I was stunned when I logged on to pr to hear of Rich's passing. I am deeply saddened. Like most of you..I never met him. But when I was new to pr and posted an uninformed question. He was right there to guide me thru the maize. I will forever be thankful. He gave me hope . Thank you Rich .
    ggingues likes this.
  4. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

The recording of the memorial service is now available. I have it set up to be available for 3 months.

Let me know if you have trouble hearing it.

https://www.freeconferencing.com/playback_ow.html?cid=conferences/-17-65-6711140-17-65-6718-17-65-67114-17-65-6761-17-65-6714-17-65-6754-17-65-67-17-65-67.mp3&e=1361163600000&cn=94-43-28-63&option=private
  5. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks Rivka.

I was thinking about Rich today, and came upon this beautiful image of a dove in flight.

Attached Files:

Sing likes this.
  6. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Thank you so much Rivka and Sushi. I am grateful for your organising and will be listening to the recording as soon as possible. So pleased not to have missed out completely
  7. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

Diana, Rich's lovely wife, asked me to post this. -- Rivka
    ______

I would like to express my deep gratitude and appreciation to Rivka, who organized the Rich Van Konynenburg memorial phone call, and who did an incredible job of keeping it running smoothly throughout the call. I would also like to express my thanks to Dr. Nathan, Dr. Enlander, Sergio and Sushi, who were featured speakers, and to Cecelia, who sang so beautifully at the opening and closing of the memorial.

To everyone else who participated, I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your comments and for caring enough about Rich to be on the call, even though some of you are bed ridden and are suffering greatly. It must have required significant effort for many of you. To those who could not be on the call, and to those who continue to express your love and support for Rich and his work, I want to thank you as well.

This memorial was an incredible gift to us, Rich's family, and the added blessing of having the recording available is immeasurable, especially for those of us who were unable to attend in person. I have listened to the recording in it's entirety today, and to parts of it several times.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Diana Van Konynenburg
    merylg, Wayne, Sushi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    It was very special to hear some of our voices after all this time only in print. I felt as though we did manage to join "hands and hearts" in honor of Rich. Let's allow his faithful, generous spirit to continue to inspire and encourage us...
    merylg, Wayne, Sushi and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Thank you very much Rivka and everyone who participated in this. I listened to it yesterday and was profoundly moved by all the contributions.

Jenny
  10. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    Thank you Rivka and Sushi, I just listened to the memorial for Rich and found it very moving. It was good to hear the voices of people whose posts I have read here and to hear Diana speak too. I felt such a strong sense of community and bonding - I was deeply moved by the words of respect and affection for Rich.

Do we have permission to post the link to the memorial elsewhere?

Rosie
  11. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    RivkaRivka
    Bringing this to Rivka's attention.
    Sushi
    RosieBee likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.