1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This Sunday, Nov 18: Memorial Teleconference for Rich Van Konynenburg

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

View the Post on the Blog

View the Post on the Blog
    SanDiego#1 and Jarod like this.
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Thanks for the reminder, Mark... and all the details spelled out clearly. Very helpful. :thumbsup:
  3. Holisticgal

Holisticgal

Hi friends,
    I just saw Rich's obituary and it was lovely. Wanted to share in case you haven't seen it already.
    http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/modestobee/obituary.aspx?n=&pid=160243735&referrer=0&preview=True

Missing him too,
    Holisticgal
  4. 3CFIDS@ourhouse

3CFIDS@ourhouse still me

Southeast US
    When I tried to put in the access code, I was given an error message. Very disappointed to be unable to join in on the memorial service.
  5. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    try typing again cause I didnt realize I typed it wrong, its 997436
  6. Dreambirdie

N. California
    YES, please keep trying. IT SHOULD WORK.
  7. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
  8. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    997436 #
  9. Dreambirdie

N. California
    RIVKA, THANK YOU SO MUCH. :hug:

What a wonderful memorial. I am so grateful to you and Diana, and everyone who participated. It was such a gift to be able to be invited and included in this. Thank you.
    waiting likes this.
  10. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Thank you Rivka and all of us who came together to remember Rich and express our thanks and love--it was heartfelt and healing. And thank you Diana so very, very, much.

Sushi
    Dreambirdie likes this.
  11. K2 for Hope

K2 for Hope ALways Hoping

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    Thanks to Rivka and everyone who was on the call or spoke during the Memorial for Rich.

Thanks to Diana and her family who are still grieving to spend this time with us...

Bless them all.
    Dreambirdie likes this.
  12. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    It felt so good to join together as a community, for Rich. I felt his sweetness present with us and I am sure he will be encouraging us from here on out too.
    Dreambirdie likes this.
  13. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    So sad to have missed this. My elderly parents really needed me at just the wrong time :(

Would love to hear some comments from people who were able to participate
  14. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Rivka, THANK YOU so much for hosting Rich's memorial service, AND for doing such a great job. Your love and appreciation for Rich came through so clearly, and I'm sure it's what helped you accomplish this no small feat. I thought the service was wonderful, and am so grateful for everybody who contributed. I am especially grateful to you Diana. Rich has always been such a "pillar of strength" for us, providing us all with a lot of comfort and support. And I felt a similar strength from you as well. A heartfelt thank you for being with us today.
    K2 for Hope and Dreambirdie like this.
  15. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon

Hi 3CFIDS, I believe the service was recorded and will be available at some point. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can comment on this. I hope this is the case, as I found much of what was shared today to be inspiring, besides being supportive and comforting.
  16. Sushi

Albuquerque
    It was recorded and Rivka will make it available to all.

Sushi
  17. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Wayne,

Nice to hear your voice! And after you left the call, Diana asked that you send her (at Rich's email address) the post of Rich's that you read.

Sushi
  18. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Sushi, so nice to hear your voice as well! Mine felt a bit weak and wobbly today, but I very much wanted to read that post of Rich's that I always liked a lot, and that I thought epitomized his optimism, humility and generosity. -- I did hear Diana's request, and assumed she was talking about Rich's e-mail on PR, but wasn't positive. Is that the way you understood it? -- Thanks.
  19. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Hi Wayne,

It was whatever you read--can't remember the source.

Sushi
  20. RivkaRivka

RivkaRivka Senior Member

hi all,

thank you to everyone who attended. (55 people attended at the peak of the call.) it was not an easy thing to do, attend this memorial, given how much we feel this loss.

i want to say a big special THANK YOU to sushi. and also to sergio. sushi ended up being a co-organizer with me, even if she did not sign up for the job. she was instrumental and key in helping with the logistics and the arrangement of the readings and mostly with amazing emotional support. no way could i have done this without her. isn't she so important to our community? i know many of us feel that way.

and sergio was also amazingly supportive and so so so helpful with his public sharing. it was great.

i'm so sorry some could not get on. i have no idea why!? did they miss the "#" after the code? i'm so sorry whatever the reason.

we did record it. i'm too beat to go see how to get the recording now and how to post it. but i assume i'll be able to in the next day or so. this is going to take a bit of time to recover from the energy output. that is likely true for all of us who attended.

with great appreciation to all of us in this community of ME/CFS/Fibro/MCS/Lyme/GWI,
    rivka

See more popular forum discussions.