The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This is Your Brain on Acid (Seriously) 6/1/17 Reason.com

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Jun 3, 2017.

1. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    The study of psychedelics is "bringing psychotherapy and medicine together," says David Nutt, a neuropsychopharmacologist at Imperial College London and a co-author of the first imaging study looking at the effects of LSD on the human brain. "Drug-assisted psychotherapy is going to be the great advance in the [field in the] next 20 years."

cont'd

GG

http://reason.com/reasontv/2017/06/01/david-nutt-lsd-drugs

ahmo, gabriella17 and MeSci like this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Interesting. I might try LSD again some day, but I stopped in the 80s as I started getting depressed on it. Maybe it was dodgy stuff, or maybe I was in a bad place.

3. adreno

adreno PR activist

I wonder if this massive boost in brain metabolism isn't following by a good crash.

Jennifer J and barbc56 like this.
  4. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Remember from my youth, usually there isn't a crash, but sort of a afterglow slowly diminishing. Worst case scenario is, of course, those who get permanently psychotic from an LSD trip. But that I saw happening after really intensive meditation retreats too. Where I suspect some latency in vulnerable individuals. After all, about 1 in 185 in the west experience at one point in their life schizophrenia.

MeSci likes this.
  5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

This guy is a Timothy Leary wannabe and a throwback to Freudian theory of your subconscious controlling your behavior.

A disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  6. Deepwater

Deepwater Senior Member

Absolutely. This is the idiot who advised Tony Blair's government to reclassify cannabis, including skunk, to Class C, encouraging a whole generation of youngsters to believe it was completely safe. Many, many unnecessary cases of schizophrenia as a result.

barbc56 likes this.
  7. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

I don't think i have enough brain power left for LSD to do anything :rofl:
    Flooring the gas when the tank is empty...

barbc56 and Jennifer J like this.

See more popular forum discussions.