Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This is Your Brain on Acid (Seriously) 6/1/17 Reason.com

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Jun 3, 2017.

1. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    The study of psychedelics is "bringing psychotherapy and medicine together," says David Nutt, a neuropsychopharmacologist at Imperial College London and a co-author of the first imaging study looking at the effects of LSD on the human brain. "Drug-assisted psychotherapy is going to be the great advance in the [field in the] next 20 years."

cont'd

GG

http://reason.com/reasontv/2017/06/01/david-nutt-lsd-drugs

ahmo, gabriella17 and MeSci like this.
  2. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Interesting. I might try LSD again some day, but I stopped in the 80s as I started getting depressed on it. Maybe it was dodgy stuff, or maybe I was in a bad place.

3. adreno

adreno PR activist

I wonder if this massive boost in brain metabolism isn't following by a good crash.

Jennifer J and barbc56 like this.
  4. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Remember from my youth, usually there isn't a crash, but sort of a afterglow slowly diminishing. Worst case scenario is, of course, those who get permanently psychotic from an LSD trip. But that I saw happening after really intensive meditation retreats too. Where I suspect some latency in vulnerable individuals. After all, about 1 in 185 in the west experience at one point in their life schizophrenia.

MeSci likes this.
  5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

This guy is a Timothy Leary wannabe and a throwback to Freudian theory of your subconscious controlling your behavior.

A disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  6. Deepwater

Deepwater Senior Member

Absolutely. This is the idiot who advised Tony Blair's government to reclassify cannabis, including skunk, to Class C, encouraging a whole generation of youngsters to believe it was completely safe. Many, many unnecessary cases of schizophrenia as a result.

barbc56 likes this.
  7. Alvin2

Alvin2 If humans were rational...

I don't think i have enough brain power left for LSD to do anything :rofl:
    Flooring the gas when the tank is empty...

barbc56 and Jennifer J like this.

See more popular forum discussions.