1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

This is the Genetic Messed Up Me - Any Advice I'm a newbie

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by dancintexan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. dancintexan

dancintexan

Help please I dont know where to begin. Here are my results:
    COMT 158M +-
    COMT H62H +-
    VDR BSM & TAQ +-
    MAO A R297R +-
    ACAT 1-02 +-
    MTR A2756G +-
    MTRR A66G ++
    MTRR A664A +-
    BHMT-02 +-
    BHMT-04 +-
    CBS 699T ++

I find some studies but most are hard to understand and to coordinate the different mutations. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
  2. barbican1

barbican1

Hi, have you had a diagnosis from the doc?
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    @dancintexan - MTRR A66G being homozygous means that MTR recycling is done very inefficiently. Supplementing B12 can help with that. You might (or might not) have difficulty tolerating methyl groups, hence hydroxoB12 might (or might not) work better than methylB12.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. dancintexan

dancintexan

Thank you both. I have not been to see a doctor as of yet. I did get the Detox Profile from Genetic Genie, but it doesn't tell you how to read it. I have ++ on the following:

CYP1B1 L432V RS1056836 GG
    SOD2A16V RS4880 GG

I have 6 others that are +-

There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to read enough to understand this stuff. I did read that I need to address the ++ CBS C699T first
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    @dancintexan - to clarify, I typoed, and "efficiently" should be "inefficiently" :p

See more popular forum discussions.