• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this the cause of ME?

currer

In the UK the water is volvic mineral water which has high levels of silicates.

Please just listen to the talk on aluminium, and read the papers I have posted which explain these questions.

currer

The water is only one or two specific brands. There must be over a certain level of silicic acid to be effective. This is all explained in the links I posted.

My ME started with a tetanus shot. Tetanus and hepatitis B are vaccines especially implicated in ME and are mentioned in the papers on MM as they are aluminium adjuvanted.

However the development of disease is more complicated than just aluminium toxicity. It is a certain reaction to aluminium which results in an auto-immune disease. And probably only a certain genetic type will respond to aluminium in this way. The researchers say they have even determined the haplotype!

A haplotype is a set of DNA variations, or polymorphisms, that tend to be inherited together. A haplotype can refer to a combination of alleles or to a set of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) found on the same chromosome.

Last edited:

currer

Why Industry Propaganda and Political Interference Cannot Disguise the Inevitable Role Played by Human Exposure to Aluminum in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Including Alzheimer’s Disease
Christopher Exley1,*
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4209859/
In the aluminum age, it is clearly unpalatable for aluminum, the globe’s most successful metal, to be implicated in human disease. It is unpalatable because for approximately 100 years human beings have reaped the rewards of the most abundant metal of the Earth’s crust without seriously considering the potential consequences for human health. The aluminum industry is a pillar of the developed and developing world and irrespective of the tyranny of human exposure to aluminum it cannot be challenged without significant consequences for businesses, economies, and governments. However, no matter how deep the dependency or unthinkable the withdrawal, science continues to document, if not too slowly, a burgeoning body burden of aluminum in human beings. Herein, I will make the case that it is inevitable both today and in the future that an individual’s exposure to aluminum is impacting upon their health and is already contributing to, if not causing, chronic diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. This is the logical, if uncomfortable, consequence of living in the aluminum age.

Keywords: aluminium, Alzheimer’s disease, human exposure, neurodegenerative disease, body burden

currer

My daughter has M.E and has never had a vaccination in her life. How does she fit the theory? Are you saying all cases are caused by this or just some?
Hi Justy,
I remember you from when I used to post here in the past.
No I cannot explain your daughter's illness by this theory, but as someone who worked for an ME charity for 15 years I am struck by the parallells between MM and ME. However, as aluminium is building up in the environment I suppose there may be several routes of exposure. If you listen to Professor Exley's talk "Call me Al" he discusses the ubiquitous presence of aluminium in our environment. And no, not all cases of ME are the same, we know that without a diagnostic test all the subtypes cannot be defined.

Mij

It's interesting.

I had a sudden viral onset but was given several vaccines one month later (tetanus and Hep B). I soon developed thyroiditis, my anti-thyroid antibodies were 'extremely' elevated.

currer

The phenotype is HLADRB1*01

[Lessons from macrophagic myofasciitis: towards definition of a vaccine adjuvant-related syndrome].
[Article in French]
Gherardi RK1.
Author information
Abstract

Macrophagic myofasciitis is a condition first reported in 1998, which cause remained obscure until 2001. Over 200 definite cases have been identified in France, and isolated cases have been recorded in other countries. The condition manifests by diffuse myalgias and chronic fatigue, forming a syndrome that meets both Center for Disease Control and Oxford criteria for the so-called chronic fatigue syndrome in about half of patients. One third of patients develop an autoimmune disease, such as multiple sclerosis. Even in the absence of overt autoimmune disease they commonly show subtle signs of chronic immune stimulation, and most of them are of the HLADRB1*01 group, a phenotype at risk to develop polymyalgia rheumatica and rheumatoid arthritis. Macrophagic myofasciitis is characterized by a stereotyped and immunologically active lesion at deltoid muscle biopsy. Electron microscopy, microanalytical studies, experimental procedures, and an epidemiological study recently demonstrated that the lesion is due to persistence for years at site of injection of an aluminum adjuvant used in vaccines against hepatitis B virus, hepatitis A virus, and tetanus toxoid. Aluminum hydroxide is known to potently stimulate the immune system and to shift immune responses towards a Th-2 profile. It is plausible that persistent systemic immune activation that fails to switch off represents the pathophysiologic basis of chronic fatigue syndrome associated with macrophagic myofasciitis, similarly to what happens in patients with post-infectious chronic fatigue and possibly idiopathic chronic fatigue syndrome. Therefore, the WHO rossible link between the ecommended an epidemiological survey, currently conducted by the French agency AFSSAPS, aimed at substantiating the pfocal macrophagic myofasciitis lesion (or previous immunization with aluminium-containing vaccines) and systemic symptoms. Interestingly, special emphasis has been put on Th-2 biased immune responses as a possible explanation of chronic fatigue and associated manifestations known as the Gulf war syndrome. Results concerning macrophagic myofasciitis may well open new avenues for etiologic investigation of this syndrome. Indeed, both type and structure of symptoms are strikingly similar in Gulf war veterans and patients with macrophagic myofasciitis. Multiple vaccinations performed over a short period of time in the Persian gulf area have been recognized as the main risk factor for Gulf War syndrome. Moreover, the war vaccine against anthrax, which is administered in a 6-shot regimen and seems to be crucially involved, is adjuvanted by aluminium hydroxide and, possibly, squalene, another Th-2 adjuvant. If safety concerns about long-term effects of aluminium hydroxide are confirmed it will become mandatory to propose novel and alternative vaccine adjuvants to rescue vaccine-based strategies and the enormous benefit for public health they provide worldwide.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLIN

Last edited:

currer

Macrophagic myofasciitis: characterization and pathophysiology
Romain K. Gherardi* and François-Jérôme Authier
Author information ► Copyright and License information ►
The publisher's final edited version of this article is available at Lupus
See other articles in PMC that cite the published article.
Go to:
Summary
Aluminium oxyhydroxide (alum), a nano-crystaline compound forming agglomerates, has been introduced in vaccine for its immunologic adjuvant effect in 1927. Alum is the most commonly used adjuvant in human and veterinary vaccines but mechanisms by which it stimulates immune responses remains incompletely understood. Although generally well tolerated, alum may occasionally cause disabling health problems in presumably susceptible individuals. A small proportion of vaccinated people present with delayed onset of diffuse myalgia, chronic fatigue and cognitive dysfunction, and exhibit very long-term persistence of alum-loaded macrophages at site of previous intra-muscular (i.m.) immunization, forming a granulomatous lesion called macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF). Clinical symptoms associated with MMF are paradigmatic of the recently delineated “autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome induced by adjuvants” (ASIA). The stereotyped cognitive dysfunction is reminiscent of cognitive deficits described in foundry workers exposed to inhaled Al particles. Alum safety concerns will largely depend on whether the compound remains localized at site of injection or may diffuse and accumulate in distant organs. Animal experiments indicate that biopersistent nanomaterials taken-up by monocytes-lineage cells in tissues, e.g. fluorescent alum surrogates, can first translocate to draining lymph nodes, and thereafter circulate in blood within phagocytes and reach the spleen, and, eventually, slowly accumulate in brain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623725/

currer

However, if biopersistence of the adjuvant in the body is a priori undesirable, the exact significance of MMF remains uncertain since a conceptual link is still a missing between the observed persistence of particle-loaded MPs at site of previous immunization and the systemic, especially neurologic, clinical manifestations. Alum is potentially highly neurotoxic,[33] but it is used at concentrations viewed as an acceptable compromise between adjuvanticity and toxicity by industry and regulatory agencies. In fact, the potential toxicity of alum will be influenced by whether the bioactive nanomaterial remains localized at injection points or rather scatters and accumulates in distant organs and tissues. Characterization of the fate of i.m. injected particles is therefore crucial for understanding pathophysiology of MMF and related disorders.

.......Thus, immune cells loaded with alum-like particles circulate after the i.m. injection and can reach distant tissues such as brain, especially if they produce attracting signals for inflammatory cells or exhibit weak blood brain barrier (B

Last edited:

currer

In conclusion, MMF revealed an almost complete lack of knowledge on the fate, systemic diffusion, and long-term safety of alum particles. On the grounds of our clinical and experimental data, we believe that increased attention should be paid to possible long-term neurologic effects of continuously escalating doses of alum-containing vaccines administered to the general population. Special emphasis should be put on individuals with immature/altered BBB or inflammatory states.

currer

Macrophagic myofasciitis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Macrophagic Myofasciitis, or MMF, is a rare muscle disease identified in 1993. The disease is characterized by microscopic lesions found in muscle biopsies that show infiltration of muscle tissue by PAS-positive macrophages.[1] Specific causes of MMF are unknown. Intramuscular injections aluminium-containing vaccines have been implicated.[1] Many of those affected with the disease had previously been treated for malaria with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine for malaria.[2]

Clinical symptoms include muscle pain, joint pain, muscle weakness, fatigue, fever, and muscle tenderness. A diagnosis can only be identified with an open muscle biopsy of the vaccinated muscle.[3]

Studies at the University of Paris have shown that MMF lesions result when the aluminum hydroxide adjuvant from a vaccine remains embedded in the tissue and causes a steady immune reaction. [4]

dannybex

This research gives a possible diagnostic test for ME. You could look for aluminium inclusions in macrophages.

We need a diagnostic test.

I went to a talk a couple months ago given by Dr. David Bell M.D., the doctor who treated patients from the Lyndonville outbreak. He felt that the Pacific Lab's 2-day treadmill test could be considered a biomarker or diagnostic test because the dramatic decrease in VO2 Max on the 2nd day is unheard of in controls or those with other illnesses, including psych illnesses.

http://solvecfs.org/pfl-testing-for-post-exertional-malaise-and-disability/

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I went to a talk a couple months ago given by Dr. David Bell M.D., the doctor who treated patients from the Lyndonville outbreak. He felt that the Pacific Lab's 2-day treadmill test could be considered a biomarker or diagnostic test because the dramatic decrease in VO2 Max on the 2nd day is unheard of in controls or those with other illnesses, including psych illnesses.

http://solvecfs.org/pfl-testing-for-post-exertional-malaise-and-disability/
Speaking of Bell, To remind cluster outbreak in LYndonville started w/ kids drinking raw goats' milk.

Wouldn't it just be easier to take a silicon supplement? Instead of drinking expensive water, which will probably have far less silicic acid anyway.

For Exemple;
JarroSil is a patent pending Activated Silicon formula supplying stabilized molecular clusters of silicic acid. Stabilized silicic acid is converted to ortho and disilicic acids upon dissolution in the stomach and rapidly absorbed bioavailable silicon.

Or am I missing something?

Undisclosed

This disease is caused by an autoimmune reaction to aluminium containing vaccine adjuvants. The systemic effects pain, fatigue, cognitive deficits, exactly describe classic ME symptoms, and can be accurately diagnosed by muscle biopsy at the site of vaccination. This autoimmune reaction has been reported for many years and is recognised by the WHO, who have studied it.
http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/reports/october_1999/en/
http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/topics/aluminium/questions/en/