• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

This garbage is EVERYWHERE now!! Is there No humanity!?!?!

I may need my amygdala rewired or at the very least a lavender oil footbath but looking at the study I notice two things .
1 We know from previous studies that approximately 60 to 80 % of ME/CFIDS patients show varying degrees of improvement no matter how they are treated beginning at 18
to 29 months after onset. 20 to 40% do not improve.
We also know that it takes a minimum of 6 months to get a diagnosis of ME/CFIDS.
The study followed the patients for 6 and 12 months.
Therefore if any of these patients were within 2 years of onset the results are absolutely meaningless because we would expect about 60% to show improvement and that is
exactly what the study showed. While 40 % showed no improvement or actually got worse!!!!
2 The study was conducted by psychotherapists who have a huge personal interest in validating CBT ( what ever that is ) .
A more appropriate control group would have been a group of patients who thought they were meeting with a trained psychotherapist but in reality met with smuck who
encouraged them to think positively and relax when they felt their neck, teeth or butt cheeks clinching.