Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Thirty Years of Disdain: How HHS Buried ME"

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Denise, May 6, 2015.

1. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

I wanted to let you all know that I finished updating Thirty Years of Disdain to incorporate feedback, for readability, and to update it to include the key events through the fall of 2015.

I also created a more summarized version as promised. Unfortunately, the shorter version is still 66 pages long plus references. I had hoped to keep it to 10-15 pages but was unable to and still effectively tell the story. Hopefully, this version is short enough to be more consumable.

The shorter document can be found at http://bit.ly/The_Burial_of_ME_Summary. The updated, longer document is available at http://bit.ly/The_Burial_of_ME_Background

If you have any questions or feedback, don't hesitate to PM or email me at medimmock@yahoo.com

2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Can other people access this shorter document? I'm having trouble.
    And is it possible/a good idea to pin this document somewhere on PR?

Also, if I could hear from @medfeb if there are any caveats to sharing this document?

Sean likes this.
  3. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

Hi Snowdrop,
    I have not heard that other people have had trouble accessing. Could you try copying the link - http://bit.ly/The_Burial_of_ME_Summary - into the browser and see if that helps?

There are no caveats on sharing the document although I would prefer to have the link shared versus the actual document as I may want to update it in the future. If that's a problem, PM me.

Snowdrop likes this.
  4. mango

mango Senior Member

@medfeb is there any chance you would consider publishing the updated longer document i epub format? pretty please? i can't read this much on my laptop screen, but i'd love to read it on my e-reader.

(i tried converting the pdf myself, but unfortunately the formatting turned out very weird which made it very difficult to read.)

5. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

I can try. Can you tell me how you tried converting the document to work on an e-reader? I don't know how to do that.

ukxmrv likes this.
  6. mango

mango Senior Member

great, thank you so much! i'll keep my fingers crossed :)

i used Calibre (simply because i had it installed already), the program i use to transfer ebooks from my laptop to my e-reader. it usually works great with many different formats.

7. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Thanks @medfeb
    Your suggestion worked. I have access. :)

8. jadam914

jadam914 Foggy member

Palmyra, Pa, USA
    I'm 20 pages in and I have to say so far it is well written and informative.

I wonder if clinicians got copies how much influence would it have?

9. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

http://solvecfs.org/%E2%80%9CThirty+Years+of+Disdain%E2%80%9D+Tells+History+of+ME

Justin30 and mango like this.
  10. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

MEMum, Johannawj, mango and 6 others like this.
  11. mango

mango Senior Member

MEMum likes this.
  12. moosie

moosie

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    MEMum and Jennifer J like this.
  13. medfeb

medfeb Senior Member

OhShoot, Jennifer J, moosie and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.