• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thirty U.S. House reps. show support for Appropriation language - thank your rep for their support

AndyPR

Thirty U.S. House representatives signed a bipartisan letter last week urging their colleagues on the House Appropriations Committee to attach language to its report on the fiscal year 2018 budget that encourages the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to accelerate and enhance its work in research and education for ME/CFS.

Thank you to everyone who contacted their representative asking them to sign the letter! Click here to see if your representative signed on. If your representative signed the letter, please send them a note of thanks. Posting on their Facebook page is recommended so that their action will receive public attention.

The Appropriations process will take time so we won’t know whether or not the language for ME/CFS is added to the report until the FY18 budget is passed. (And that depends on whether a full budget is passed this year and not another continuing resolution.) Stay tuned!

The letter recommends adding language to the appropriation committee’s report on the FY18 budget to encourage the HHS, the NIH, and the CDC to accelerate and enhance its work in ME/CFS research and education; to complete a critical multi-year CDC study; to take steps to improve clinical care; and to pursue various targeted actions to more effectively address the needs of a vastly underserved population. See the full language here.
http://www.meaction.net/2017/04/10/thirty-u-s-house-reps-show-support-for-appropriation-language/