Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Think Left - "Welfare Reform and ME/CFS"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by worldbackwards, Mar 9, 2015.

1. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    This was linked to in a thing about UK welfare reform that popped up on my Tumblr thing today. A few years old (dating back to the worst of the WCA in 2011 actually) but might be of interest to those without a political framework for this stuff.

http://think-left.org/2011/08/04/welfare-reform-and-mecfs/

Interestingly enough, and on the same theme, I came across the latest set of figures for ESA the other day, which made surprising reading; the headline outcome is that, after appeals, 62% of all new claimants now get put into the support group, with a further 14% put into the WRAG. To put that into perspective, only about 65% of new claimants used to get Incapacity Benefit full stop.

We appear to be seeing the Biopsychosocial project in welfare reform coming a major cropper.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...a/file/385578/esa_wca_summary_Dec14_final.pdf

Esther12 and SilverbladeTE like this.
  2. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    'Think left'

Oxymoron alert ;)

3. worldbackwards

worldbackwards A unique snowflake

Earth
    Yada

4. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    A well reasoned riposte!

Banter aside I challenge anyone to devise a fair and foolproof welfare system.

See more popular forum discussions.