• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Things to be grateful for...

Lily

*Believe*
I am grateful to all the wonderful people who reached out and supported me. I will be here to support all of you for as long as you are. :ashamed:

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
This is a really nice thread to come to. Thanks.

And Lily, I just noticed your signature (again). Thanks for the reminder.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens

can change the world.

Indeed it's the only thing that ever has.

~ Margaret Meade

Misfit Toy

Thank you Mark...that was nice. I am pretty genuine, good and bad ; ) Earlier today, Thursday May 27th, I had only 5 hours of sleep, but managed to make it into the city and do a 3 hour event selling my jewelry. I AM GRATEFUL for this not because I made $$$, but that was nice. I got out. It was a beautiful day albeit hot out. I had a delicious salad among other women. I felt alive as I passed the skyscrapers. I am grateful. I am grateful, that due to the money I earned, I was able to pay 3 bills! WOO HOO! YEAH!

And, I bought myself a pair of shorts that are cream and peach. I love them.

And, I watched The Real Housewives of NYC and had enough energy to scream at the tv, "You are all crazy...all of you!" I had some spunk today.

THANK YOU...I am grateful. And the mystery of CFS continues. I had hardly any sleep...why did I feel good? I don't get it. I sleep 10 hours and I am sick as a dog. I sleep 5 and I feel decent. CORTISOL.

goooooooooooooood thread!!!!!!!!

i also list things i am grateful for--
my dog!
my family
my brothers dog
my previous dogs
my house
the color lavender in my room turned out perfect
my ole beat up car with the dents in it- runs great
art
tuna melts
my kick butt vacuum cleaner (it's really nice)
did i mention ... dogs...?
ambien
laughing (unless it's "laughing TOOO hard" and then its time to do laundry if you know what i mean ;) )
pretty clouds
breezes
and pudding

bigmama2

I had hardly any sleep...why did I feel good? I don't get it. I sleep 10 hours and I am sick as a dog. I sleep 5 and I feel decent. CORTISOL.

Simples. In order to feel refreshed, you have to enter the right type of sleep pattern, you have to go into deep sleep. Something disturbs us / prevents us from doing so; maybe various things (in me it's mostly itching reaction and sensitivity to environment), probably fluctuating/misregulated cortisol plays a part too. Others would know those details better. Anyway all I know is: if and when we are able to get a good, proper night's sleep (and it seems rare and comes and goes) we go straight into that deep sleep, it works its magic, and we wake up more refreshed than after a longer sleep. I think there's a thing where while we're asleep, our bodies continue reacting to the muscle work of the day - so if you overexerted and pushed your muscles, you'll then run a marathon in your sleep during those 10 hours (used to go up to 14+ for me) but never get any real sleep.

Just my experience, but I'm convinced sleep disturbance is fundamentally important to a range of symptoms - though it doesn't explain them all.

Kati

Patient in training
I am grateful at the time I spent making necklaces today.
I am grateful I have been able to cross one item on my to do list, it's been dragging forever, and it's done- (nah, wasn't my taxes, but am working on it!!!)
I am grateful for the interesting chat with Maria and Andrew today -what a hoot!!!

Gotta keep it up kid, let's get this viral!!!! eh !

Misfit Toy

Friday May 28th

I am grateful that I took a shower and went to the masseuse.
I am happy that I went to Whole Foods and had a delicious salad.
I am happy I can still drive.
I am glad that my life is a little less stressed.
I am glad I am doing an event in Atlantic City in June! WOO HOO!
I am glad to rest this weekend.
I am grateful for friends who have made a difference in my life.
I am grateful I know nothing about what happened here on PR..the drama that occured. Ignorance is bliss at times.
I am grateful that I will go to the movies this weekend.
I am grateful in finally recognizing that my ex really was truly unwell and had I stayed with him, I would have ended up in a mental hospital. I AM FREE!

BIEN SUR!!!

camas

I am grateful for the call I received today approving my continued COBRA coverage through my late husband's company. After two years of forms, letters, phone calls, denials, and other setbacks, I finally won! I get to keep my good insurance for a minimal cost for as long as I'm disabled.

I am grateful for my innate stubborn streak. :D

willow

I'm grateful for the beautiful rain we're having this morning. Really I want to go outside and roll around on the wet grass... but I'll contain myself.
I'm grateful for my beuatiful garden and it's lush greeness despite the dry.
I'm grateful for the beautiful willow tree I see as i type
And i'm grateful that I have a window that looks out on to it from where I type
And that i can still type,
That the internet has opened up so many more possibilites for me and others, especially ill people
I'm grateful for the wonderful people I've met and friends I've made this way
And all the friends who continue to love and support me, and for their lives that they share with me
In particular I'm delighted and surprised by the enduring love of a wonderful man
Grateful that daily his behaviour teached me lessons on love, compassion and acceptance
I'm so lucky to have space to grow some delicious veg and fruit
To be able to prepare meals and still have the tastebuds to enjoy food... Infact i think my sense of taste is improving.
And I'm amazed and in awe that my poor battered body and brain can survrive so much
Grateful my muscles are still strong enough for gardening and walking and lots more
That my body gives me excellent feedback on what benefits and hinders it.
For my almost eternal optimism.. perhaps unnatural optimism
Grateful that I'm a feisty mare

...This is fun, i could go on and on and on. I'm grateful for that but I'll stop before I wear us all out :D

serenity

I'm grateful for serenity because she cracks me up! And I'm grateful to so many of you because you lift me up. And your lists of grateful things read like poetry which soothes the soul. You all are what I'm grateful for.

aww, thanks Brown Eyed! you're sweet! :)

Misfit Toy

I am grateful to have been able to get to see Sex in The City 2. It was great and I laughed...gosh, I laughed. I live vicariously through movies. And, I got some great pajamas which are super comfy! I am feeling like a girly girl right now instead of a sick pup. :victory: