• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Things that show up in your lab results

ChrisD

Well I mean I've got pretty high anti-TPO (thyroid antibodies) for example.
Have any of you guys done GI stuff ? Like the "DDI Comprehensive Stool Analysis".
I did that once. Indicated my secretary IgA defenses were below range and I had low intestinal flora in some categories, which explains my extreme GI sensitivities.

Hi @Jo86 My DDI Comp Stool Analysis showed low IGA but within range, also low Butyrate which contributes to healthy flora and the following spectrum of Bacteria:

Expected/Beneficial flora Commensal (Imbalanced) flora Dysbiotic flora
3+ Bacteroides fragilis group 3+ Alpha hemolytic strep None
4+ Bifidobacterium spp. 1+ Citrobacter freundii complex
4+ Escherichia coli 1+ Enterobacter cloacae complex
3+ Lactobacillus spp. 3+ Gamma hemolytic strep
2+ Enterococcus spp. 2+ Lactococcus lactis

I have CFS and Fibro....

Seadragon

Postive ANA (not Lupus), high positive Rheumatoid Factor (do not have Arthritis), intermittently high positive ESR, elevated Calprotectin, positive Anti Smooth Muscle Antibody, high signal lesion in spine found on MRI scan, granuloma in liver found on ultrasound, brisk reflexes, couple of times CRP positive but usually normal, low red blood cell Magnesium, low free T4. One lymphocyte count (CD something, can't remember which but apparently sometimes positive in EBV) mildly elevated. My illness started after Glandular Fever/Mono.

pogoman

I wanted to get a sense of the sort of lab irregularities that popped up in your testing. I understand all of you on this forum suffer from CFS symptoms, and well, what has shown up so far in your endeavor ?

Chronic infections, hormonal/endocrine, autoimmune, GI tract... what are the culprits in your case ?

Not diagnosed with CFS or ME (Kaiser doesn't issue those) but with myopathy, I believe I have had almost all the symptoms listed on the CFS/ME checklist at one time or the other.

Abnormal labs
Chronic anemia almost 20 years now, always been about 2 points below normal.
Above normal blood creatine kinase levels for 5ish years, ranging from 400s to 700s.
Above normal lactate dehydrogenase the one time I was tested.
Inflammation tests always normal.
Borderline low thyroid and male hormone labs.
Abnormal needle EMG tests along with muscle biopsy showing necrotizing myopathy.

And the one test I think that may have pointed toward the root cause of my issues, extremely low prealbumin lab result indicating protein malnutrition.
Always had normal or high albumin over the years, been on a high protein/amino acid diet for almost a month and everything is slowly improving.

So far...

Low Vitamin D, 25-OH, - on three separate tests. (20,21, and 22)

Low Total testosterone - was still in range but pointed out that it was very low for someone my age.

Slightly elevated out of range metanephrine, normatinepherine, and creatinine on 24 hr urine test.

Slightly low but still in range TSH high sensitivity test.