• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Things Only Someone With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Will Understand And Ways To Fight It "

Denise

Most of these annoy the piss out of me, but this one made me chuckle.

The title by itself tells us much.

Agreed.
Though those with chronic fatigue syndrome might not understand the article (because it is badly written, full of mis-information, etc.)

(I don't think much of anything in this article applies to people with ME.)

worldbackwards

Particularly enjoyed the stunningly attractive woman lifting weights and looking purposeful.
People who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome are too ashamed to share the news of their disability with anyone. They are afraid that they might be looked upon as handicapped people. They are comfortable to discuss their disability only with people suffering from similar problems.
All of them? I want this to go on: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients are all Pisces. They enjoy eating vol au vents, but only if they contain curried chicken. Their favourite shape is the octagon. They are fans of the number 29 and believe that John F. Kennedy will one day return in the shape of an enormous turnip..."

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
All of them? I want this to go on: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients are all Pisces. They enjoy eating cakes and biscuits. Their favourite shape is the octagon. They are fans of the number 29 and believe that John F. Kennedy will one day return in the shape of an enormous turnip..."
Put it in the comments. ;). Should we mention our psychosomatic brain-morphing super powers, or should we keep that secret for now? :ninja:

Kati

Patient in training
Particularly enjoyed the stunningly attractive woman lifting weights and looking purposeful.

All of them? I want this to go on: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients are all Pisces. They enjoy eating vol au vents, but only if they contain curried chicken. Their favourite shape is the octagon. They are fans of the number 29 and believe that John F. Kennedy will one day return in the shape of an enormous turnip..."

:eek::eek::eek: I am a Pisces :jaw-drop::jaw-drop::jaw-drop:

aaron_c

I posted a comment on their site that I hope addresses some of the glaring inaccuracies. Hopefully the moderator will allow it. So far their article averages one star out of five, so perhaps they will get the message that they missed the mark.