1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Things of Beauty? Joy Forever -- Even with ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Firestormm

By all means. Feel free to add them.

Firestormm likes this.
  2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Very amazing @Firestormm I would love to see a video of that.

3. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Your wish is my command (below the picture) :)

[​IMG]

taniaaust1, ahimsa and Valentijn like this.
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    WOW! Words cannot possibly describe that. :wide-eyed::jaw-drop::jaw-drop:

Thanks for posting, @Firestormm :thumbsup:

Firestormm likes this.
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    coletus.JPG plant beauty around my new pond.

Jody.. this article.. is an awesome one. Simple but awesome as beauty is such an important thing. Something I think many here forget due to being so caught up in and struggling with this illness.

I think too that there comes a point in which after years of being chronically sick of our houses and gear falling apart around us eg things over time getting broke, being too sick to get things repaired or buy new ones.. in the end every thing becomes such a sad and sorry state, so one comes to really appreciate beauty at this point and start to really seek this out to try to bring more joy into our lives.

Ive have had comments to me telling me my priorities arent right but Ive travelled this journey you obviously have travelled too and reached this point where beauty now is VERY important to me. Its the light in my life and helps make my life worth living.

It took me a whole year to do my pond (with some help.. I think my focus with this when there was so many other things I should of been focusing on did confuse some people).. but this is the beauty I now see out of the windows of 3 different rooms which surround this pond (previously basicallly a bare patch which grew weeds). My house does a U around this area hence why this is next to 3 rooms windows. It was well worth putting other very important things aside in the year it took to do this. Its one light in my life.

You expressed what Ive tried to say to people at times but havent been able to say well about importance of beauty.. even more important to have around us if we are housebound or bedbound there is nothing more depressing then just looking at bare walls (I did that full time for almost a year) or a yard full of long grass from a window or not able to go to a park or beach and enjoy beauty there Sometimes we need to bring that beauty to us. . I'll keep the link for this thread so next time someone makes a comment about me having wrong priorities eg making beauty important in my life (my elderly friend doesnt get this.. he gets frustrated at my "wrong" priorities, so I'll be getting him to read this article next time I see him).

I now have frogs in the pond I love to watch. (I got big dragonfly nymphs all over the bottom of the pond, in the pond which Im waiting to get grown enough to climb up and spreed their wings and fly).

(pond photo coming up when I can find it.. edited this post as I posted wrong pond picture)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    DSCF1388.JPG A photo I took a few months ago. Beauty even can be found in my overgrown backyard. I love animals. I have many birds visit my place. (I dont know if this photo is full of spiritballs as these dont look like the ones I see and take photos of so maybe this photo just ended up with some strange light affect?.. or maybe these are nature spirits in the garden?).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.