Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thiamine Treatment in Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiency

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by debored13, Nov 11, 2017.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
  2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    If thiamine supplementation was effective it would have shown up long before now. There are definitely threads on here of people experimenting with it.

3. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

If pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency is part of the etiology of cfs, it may be worth looking into the treatments that are currently out there for people with pyruvate dehydrogenase complex deficiency. that's all. and in addition, is it a sure thing that everyone on this forum has the same etiology/cause of their cfs? if not, I would think that some people might be helped by high dose thiamine supplementation. and it would have to be high dose

rodgergrummidge likes this.
  4. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
  5. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

What do you mean by fad exactly? It's a theory that it would work if we had a certain kind of pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency ?

6. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

Learner1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.