The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"They took Karina and made her sick" Danish newspaper article

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by AndyPR, Mar 1, 2017.

1. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Google translate, Danish to English, http://bit.ly/2mdrfKC

Original URL http://fredericia.lokalavisen.dk/de-tog-karina-og-gjorde-hende-syg-/20170301/artikler/703079993/2023

2. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    • False imprisonment
    • fraud for financial gain
    • grievous bodily harm
    • deliberate poisoning
    • torture

that's what the scum who did that to her should be charged with and then imprisoned for rest of their miserable arrogant vicious cowardly lives

-Jessie-, Dmitri, ScottTriGuy and 7 others like this.
  3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Let's hope further media exposure of this horrible hostage taking by BPS will prevent their trying it again on Karina or anyone else.

4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Wonder if there is any Video of this encounter? Seems like that could be very powerful in Instituting change! Something for this community to consider, perhaps people could consider doing this. Of course it would probably require a Healthy person who is friend of family,, close by and able to come quickly.

Do Not know if they give much advance notice of such events? Wouldn't think so.

5. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Liked the article, but not this little disclaimer next to it:
    Don't know about this. In "voices from the shadows" is an audio from the abduction of Sophia Mirza from her home, it's horrible.

6. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    These are human rights violations. Where are the human rights organizations regarding the treatment of people with ME/CFS?

ScottTriGuy, Mohawk1995, Joh and 3 others like this.
  7. Denise

Denise Senior Member

8. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Both links still work fine for me. There are tips on how to troubleshoot that particular error here http://www.tech-faq.com/502-proxy-error.html

Denise likes this.
  9. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    I am so glad Unrest later this month will have its European premiere in Copenhagen, Denmark. As far as I know the Karina-case is mentioned in the documentary?

Hope the event will attract a lot of journalists.

It seems there will be a debate about ME "with experts" after one of the viewings. Curious to know who will be in the panel...

Woolie, Jennifer J, mango and 8 others like this.
  10. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

Can't imagine Per Fink getting an invite, though it might be good giving him the third degree.

11. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    Absolutely true!! But wasn't there a human rights lawyer involved in Karina's release (think I read something somewhere, sorry forgot the details)?

12. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Thanks @AndyPR .
    Before trying to troubleshoot it, I tried both links again today and now they work for me.... (Didn't do anything differently than yesterday.)

AndyPR likes this.
  13. Mohawk1995

Mohawk1995 Senior Member

We knew we faced the same potential problem with our son and his illness. We were seeking treatment for his ME/CFS at the same time that Justina Pelletier was taken from her parents by Physicians and Social Workers. She was suffering from Mitochondrial Disease/ME/CFS. Labeled as a psychiatric patient and spent 16 months of hell in a Children's hospital.

We endured our own, but not near as painful, journey having to argue face to face with Presidents of Insurance Companies, My own HR Vice President, Physicians from a hospital that labeled Dr Lerner as a quack and more. We decided that as our son was so close to being 18 years old, we would wait for that and allow him to make his own decision moving forward.

This is both a human rights issue for the child as well as a Parental Rights issue for the parents. Unfortunately on both sides of the fence well meaning and loving parents are being undermined by those who believe it is the governments duty to parent the child or those who believe the child can "parent themselves".

We have friends whose niece (that they are more than willing to raise) is being handed over to the "birth father" who has taken no responsibility for his actions while at the same time children are being taken from loving and caring parents/caregivers and handed over to the "state". It is a mixed up world indeed!

I hope and pray that Karina is reunited with her parents soon and whoever is making these decisions is held accountable for them. Very sad when it comes to this.

14. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Wish I had a good feeling on reading that. I think it was the word 'expert'.

Quite possible it will turn out to be good and many points be made clear about what is true. But just reading that, well, til I know better, I have concerns. The film itself is not an explication of science data but of stories--easily hijacked and debated with disingenuous psychobabble that is devoid of meaning but spoken with an air of authority.

I do hope though that for many there the film will speak for itself and that the psychobabble (should there be any afterward) will be heard through a more critical mindset.

Woolie, Mohawk1995 and Kalliope like this.
  15. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    In the Danish version of the programme, it also says that the director will come. If Jen Brea manages the trip all the way to Denmark and is able to participate, I'm sure all is in very capable hands and I do hope she (or her team) has a lot to say regarding which experts to sit in that panel.

I still haven't seen any names for the panel - perhaps because it's not decided yet?

Woolie, mango and Snowdrop like this.
  16. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    I agree with your list of violations. The starting place in medicine is supposed to be: "First, do no harm." It's almost hard to believe that in the 21st Century sadism is being heralded as science and rewarded.

SilverbladeTE and atleje like this.
  17. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Alas, Evil has no race, creed or colour, or specific era :/
    Pharmaceutical corporations and many others commit terrible crimes.

People are people...another of my oft repeated sayings
    people's behaviour as children shadows them through life, so if you have selfish or outright sociopathic kids who bully and abuse others, especially when their parents or social system support and encourage that kind of foulness (see the UK's absolutely vile "Establishment" and the "Oxbridge" culture etc)
    ....then you get powerful, malign adults in charge of corporations, banks, government, and, some are doctors, lawyers, police etc

another factor that creates "evil" is too many folk start believing the very pernicious lying evil of:
    "The ends justify the means"
    so they believe exactly as the Inquisition did, that they have to take control of Karina and others, force them to admit their sins, admit they are making it all up!
    scourge and purge to drive the demons out!

all the same cowardly stupid inhuman crap time after time :/

the ONLY way you ever stop a bully is by force, you cannot reason with them (note "force" doesn't have to mean "violence", it is the application or threat of superior strength of arms or will. The Law is or should be a sane moderate form of "force")
    the Law should stop them but too often, the Establishment has corrupt links and won't stop criminal doctors, hence the two biggest mass murderers in history were both English G.P.s!

Diwi9 and TiredSam like this.
  18. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    @SilverbladeTE - The only research studies ME psychologists need to examine are Zimbardo's. Some of his research crossed the ethical line, but it developed our understanding of power dynamics and evil.

SilverbladeTE likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.