• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

These NHS Staff Were Told The Swine Flu Vaccine Was Safe, And Now They're Suffering 2/23/18 BuzzFeed

pattismith

I remember that year, we all were asked to vaccinate against the A flu, and each citizen received a letter for an appointment...Mine arrived just after I caught the virus, so I didn't go, I may have been lucky!

I was not very ill from this flu, big fever and a lot of pains, but nothing that couldn't be managed with opioids, and strangely my brain was very clear during that week.

ahmo

The BuzzFeed News investigation raises serious questions over the advice that was given to NHS staff at the time by the government’s chief medical officer, the chief nurse, and the national flu director that the vaccine had been “thoroughly tested” and was safe to use. That advice was shared in a joint statement by the Department of Health (DH), medical royal colleges, and trade unions, including the British Medical Association and Unison.

Normally vaccines undergo testing to make sure they are safe, and vaccination has been proven to save millions of lives across the globe. But Pandemrix was different. It had not gone through the normal process and was fast-tracked without the usual clinical trials.

Staff were also not told that the government had agreed a unique deal with GSK to indemnify the company for any problems with the vaccine.

The investigation also turns the spotlight on decisions by the UK government to continue using the vaccine even after other European countries suspended its use once evidence of a problem emerged.
:eek::devil::mad:....this article makes me feel very fortunate indeed.