1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

There's no such thing as a virus that causes chronic fatigue syndrome-Natural News

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by liverock, Oct 15, 2009.

1. lostinthedesert

lostinthedesert Killer, Clown, Priestess

Incorrect. From the original Science paper:

"In contrast, XMRV gag
    sequences were detected in 8 of 218 (3.7%) PBMC DNA
    specimens from healthy individuals."

Incorrect again, well partially incorrect. BTW, it is Incline Village. Still, I believe the initial group tested included members of several different clusters around the USA. Yes the patients selected for this initial investigation were among the most ill but they were spread out over the country.

Where did you get that information? That is a pretty heavy statement to make without citing a source.

As the Science quote above states, they were looking for viral DNA, not antibodies, in the 218 control samples. The subsequent, yet to be published. work involves additional antibody testing.

Peace,
    S

See more popular forum discussions.