• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

There are more things in Heaven and Earth .....

Hip

I don't know about the Coxsackievirus, but infectious agents like Chlamydia and HSV have co-evolved with us for a long time, and if we consider them as potentiel triggering factors of some increasing chronic illnesses, then we will have to think about other environmental cofactors involved

Other environmental as well as genetic co-factors will likely play a role, but since most disease have been around for centuries, that indicates that you don't necessarily need the chemicals created by modern chemistry to cause these illnesses, although those chemical may be an exacerbating factor.

Last edited:

wastwater

Just bumped into whipples desease (while searching for IRF4 immunodeficiency)caused by tropherma whipplei not everyone can handle this genetically,it seems to affect nutritional absorption
There is a paper saying they found this increased in me/cfs
IRF4 EBV B cells and T cells mentioned

Last edited: