• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'The world is headed for a post-antibiotic era,' WHO official warns. Also antiretroviral drugs.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
There is much talk in the medical profession regarding the responsible use of antibiotics. Truth is, we can thank much of the antibiotic resistance to the agricultural industry (livestock, veterinary sources), who continue to use them in blatant disregard to feed our ever expanding population.
I heard a discussion about this on the radio recently. They said that 80% of the antibiotics in the US are given to livestock.

taniaaust1

I heard a discussion about this on the radio recently. They said that 80% of the antibiotics in the US are given to livestock.

That's cause they kept the animals in unnatural poor conditions so are stressed and prone to illness. Ive heard the conditions can be so poor that the animals die if not given "preventive" antibiotics. All the more reason why people should support petitions against some of the commerical farming practices, it doesnt just affect the animals but affects us too!