1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Vaccine War -- Aired on Frontline 4-27-10

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Wayne, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hey Stuart,

Thanks much for your great links. I agree with your analysis of investigative reporting. I wonder if part of the reason is because they sometimes try to pull a story together before having enough time to fully investigate it? Or is it because once they come to their own pre-conceived conclusions, they don't pursue it further? Hard to say.

Wayne

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi X,

You make a good point about DAN. It reminds me of the part about the young woman (ex-cheerleader) who had the severe reaction to the flu vaccine. She then regained her health after doing many of the treatments that are part of the DAN protocol.

These treatments included chelation, hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), etc. I thought that section of the program deserved much more in-depth coverage. Instead, they seemed to cast some aspersions on the whole episode that I thought did not reflect well on Frontline.

Wayne

3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi All,

Well I'm sort of wearing myself down at the moment. I do want to thank all the other posters however for taking the time to share your thoughts. This is a subject that is not going away. And I always appreciate hearing others' insights.

Wayne

4. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    It is actually Rotateq rotavirus vaccine. He compared having a patent on a vaccine to "winning a lottery".

This is someone who does not see patients, let alone patients with autism. He has admitted not knowing anything about autism. Yet he is the first port of call for mainstream media when it comes to anything related to autism, not just possible vaccine links. He published a book attacking doctors and parents who follow DAN or any other treatment protocols. Yet he has never treated anyone and does not know anything about any of those treatments. Nor has he met, or attempted to meet, anyone who follows them. He is quoted all the time in the mainstream media as someone in the know.

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Desiree Jennings' Reaction to Flu Shot

Given a lot of evidence suggesting a link between vaccinations and some cases of ME/CFS and other neurological disorders, I continue to be on the look out for relevant reporting on the subject. The following link will take you to an interesting ABC News" 20/20 segment on what happened to a young woman after receiving a flu shot.

Medical Mystery or Hoax: Did Cheerleader Fake a Muscle Disorder?

Desiree Jennings' Bizarre Symptoms -- Twisted Walk, Slurred Speech -- Turned Her Into Internet Sensation

[​IMG]
    469 comments
    By JIM AVILA and DEIRDRE COHEN

July 23, 2010

6. bakercape

bakercape Senior Member

Cape Cod. Mass
    In the article

about the danish psychiatrist absconding off with 2 million and doing hack research on vaccine safety it says he worked for Emory University. Doesn't the CDC use them for there hack CFS work also?

See more popular forum discussions.